| FTBL I'll say one thing!

I

imported_porkchop

If Gilberry had not shown up today we'd have lost.

I said that in the pregame writeup I felt like if Gilberry showed up and had a big game we'd win handily. Unfortunately Gilberry was the ONLY one that showed up today from our defense. Okay, I'll give Simeon props for the pick, but our secondary is horrific. You know Eric Ainge is licking his chops right now just day dreaming about what he's gonna do to our corners.

porkchop said:

I said that in the pregame writeup I felt like if Gilberry showed up and had a big game we'd win handily. Unfortunately Gilberry was the ONLY one that showed up today from our defense. Okay, I'll give Simeon props for the pick, but our secondary is horrific. You know Eric Ainge is licking his chops right now just day dreaming about what he's gonna do to our corners.
Yeah im kinda like you we lay back and sit on our thumbs until we just cant take it no more then we start to play ball. Its kinda like we're asleep then we wake up and figure out we're about to get beat then we decide to kick it in gear.

porkchop said:

Gilberry did have a heck of a game. As for the secondary, personally I think there is only one weak spot. With our policy of not bashing players, I won't name any names. But, there is one guy/position that gets burned on a regular basis. I add position because Saban has tried others in that spot and so far it still was a weak point.

porkchop said:

I'll say this, if we could get pressure on Seth, how in the world are we going to get pressure on Ainge? We proved before if you rattle Ainge, he throws picks. If you don't, he picks you appart.

On several plays, I saw Bama defenders who were rushing the QB just give up and stand there with the QB still standing in the pocket waiting to throw. There was very little desire past the first effort for most of the D. I was embarassed.

JPW played much better than the Houston game, but I've heard several say he was amazing. I would'nt call throwing at the feet of several receivers or right into the oncoming defender amazing. Much improved, a good game, but far from amazing.

That said, a win is a win.

Roll Tide

I've said it once I'll say it now. We don't have the big guys up front to push the line back. We just don't have it. Also today showed just how weak our secondary is.

I hope we play the blitz UT to death. I'd rather go down fighting than playing a 3-4 cover 2 zone.

You guys see how we jumped into the old 4-6 scared Ole Miss Qb lol

Bama Bo said:
porkchop said:

Gilberry did have a heck of a game. As for the secondary, personally I think there is only one weak spot. With our policy of not bashing players, I won't name any names. But, there is one guy/position that gets burned on a regular basis. I add position because Saban has tried others in that spot and so far it still was a weak point.

does his name end in Mitchell and start with Lionel?

i sware this guy is like a young Gerald Dixon. (i love Gerald as much as any of u guys but im sorry when he first came to Bama he got burned regularly) he gets burned on the regular yet makes big picks so u cant completely keep him out. Marquis Jackson is horrible so that won't do and Kareem Jackson is a freshman so hes gonna make freshman mistakes. Simeon is the only corner that steps up during the game and QB's rarely throw at him. Rashad is a heck of a Safety too tho and Carter is a big hitter but tries to much to knock someone out rather than wrap them up. the secondary needs work thats for sure.

Birdman37 said:
Bama Bo said:
porkchop said:

i sware this guy is like a young Gerald Dixon. (i love Gerald as much as any of u guys but im sorry when he first came to Bama he got burned regularly) he gets burned on the regular yet makes big picks so u cant completely keep him out. Marquis Jackson is horrible so that won't do and Kareem Jackson is a freshman so hes gonna make freshman mistakes. Simeon is the only corner that steps up during the game and QB's rarely throw at him. Rashad is a heck of a Safety too tho and Carter is a big hitter but tries to much to knock someone out rather than wrap them up. the secondary needs work thats for sure.

Tread lightly there 37.

shipley00 said:
On several plays, I saw Bama defenders who were rushing the QB just give up and stand there with the QB still standing in the pocket waiting to throw. There was very little desire past the first effort for most of the D. I was embarassed.

Roll Tide
Even Gilberry, I saw him give up on a play also. That is what bothers me, if Bama gives 100% and gets beat then fine. But to take a play off here and there and get beat, well that's a different story.

Go4Bama said:
shipley00 said:

Roll Tide
Even Gilberry, I saw him give up on a play also. That is what bothers me, if Bama gives 100% and gets beat then fine. But to take a play off here and there and get beat, well that's a different story.
I'll make you a prediction you'll see a different team next week than we've seen all year. We may not win but we'll play some hard nose football. Tenn didnt exactly set the world on fire today either.

Birdman37 said:
Bama Bo said:
porkchop said:

I'm pretty sure we don't have a Marquis Jackson on the team. Marquis Johnson is a sophmore who has played limited amount, so he's going to make mistakes too. Lay off these guys if you don't mind, they are playing their hearts out and while I'm sure they aren't searching message boards looking for what people like us are typing about them, it would be nice for us not to call people horrible, horrific, etc.

Birdman37 said:
Bama Bo said:
porkchop said:

As far as Mitchell, you have to give the kid props for that last play. He was there! that was excellent coverage and I still think he actually intercepted it.

That's not to say that he's played lights out all year, but i was proud of the way he kept competing and he did a HECK of a job on that last long pass.

Outlaw said:
Birdman37 said:
Bama Bo said:
porkchop said:

I'm pretty sure we don't have a Marquis Jackson on the team. Marquis Johnson is a sophmore who has played limited amount, so he's going to make mistakes too. Lay off these guys if you don't mind, they are playing their hearts out and while I'm sure they aren't searching message boards looking for what people like us are typing about them, it would be nice for us not to call people horrible, horrific, etc.

Marquis Johnson yea u knew what i meant. look there isn't a bigger Bama fan than me and its not like im going around saying that Simeon Castille or DJ Hall or Gilberry, guys who play lights out, are horrible. Johnson has played horribly when he has played (see FSU game) and thats a FACT. i know his a freshman, thats y i wasnt completely throwing him under the bus. and i didnt call him horrific i said his play was horrific.

BamaDelta said:
Tread lightly there 37.

yes sir mr. sadaam. sorry forgot i couldn't have an opinion (or fact for the most part). i didn't say anything in there that wasnt true. so whatever.

porkchop said:
As far as Mitchell, you have to give the kid props for that last play. He was there! that was excellent coverage and I still think he actually intercepted it.

That's not to say that he's played lights out all year, but i was proud of the way he kept competing and he did a HECK of a job on that last long pass.

yea, but thats exactly what i said man. he plays great and then gets burned, then hell have another great play. consistency is what im talking about. but i do agree with what i've seen u say in another post, that he has great heart and he keeps picking himself up off the dirt time after time. i just wish he wouldnt have to pick himself off the dirt, SO OFTEN. then again not everyone can be a Simeon Castille i guess.

Birdman37 said:
then again not everyone can be a Simeon Castille i guess.

You just lost all credibility on the subject with that statement.

Also, Delta is a lady, not a "sir". She made a good point though, and you'd be wise to take notice of it. It would also be in your best interest to never, ever, throw a barb like that in her direction ever again.

Birdman37 said:
Outlaw said:
Birdman37 said:
Bama Bo said:
porkchop said:

Marquis Johnson yea u knew what i meant. look there isn't a bigger Bama fan than me and its not like im going around saying that Simeon Castille or DJ Hall or Gilberry, guys who play lights out, are horrible. Johnson has played horribly when he has played (see FSU game) and thats a FACT. i know his a freshman, thats y i wasnt completely throwing him under the bus. and i didnt call him horrific i said his play was horrific.

BamaDelta said:
Tread lightly there 37.

yes sir mr. sadaam. sorry forgot i couldn't have an opinion (or fact for the most part). i didn't say anything in there that wasnt true. so whatever.

porkchop said:

yea, but thats exactly what i said man. he plays great and then gets burned, then hell have another great play. consistency is what im talking about. but i do agree with what i've seen u say in another post, that he has great heart and he keeps picking himself up off the dirt time after time. i just wish he wouldnt have to pick himself off the dirt, SO OFTEN. then again not everyone can be a Simeon Castille i guess.

I know what you're saying and I understand the frustration level, but at the same time...we are where we are on defense. Or maybe we are WHAT we are? There's a reason we're in the position we're in right now.

In the perfect world Lionel would be a nickel back at best. Unfortunately we're forced to play him due to the situation we're in. I still appreciate the way he played that last pass and I'm glad that the kid has alzheimers. :lol: You kinda have to when you play defensive back.

Hang in there people. It will get better.

porkchop said:
Birdman37 said:
Outlaw said:
Birdman37 said:
Bama Bo said:
porkchop said:

BamaDelta said:
Tread lightly there 37.

porkchop said:

I know what you're saying and I understand the frustration level, but at the same time...we are where we are on defense. Or maybe we are WHAT we are? There's a reason we're in the position we're in right now.

In the perfect world Lionel would be a nickel back at best. Unfortunately we're forced to play him due to the situation we're in. I still appreciate the way he played that last pass and I'm glad that the kid has alzheimers. :lol: You kinda have to when you play defensive back.

Hang in there people. It will get better.

yea he was great in the nickel last year and i do give him credit for sticking in their and making that last play.

Porterhouse said:
Birdman37 said:
then again not everyone can be a Simeon Castille i guess.

You just lost all credibility on the subject with that statement.

Also, Delta is a lady, not a "sir". She made a good point though, and you'd be wise to take notice of it. It would also be in your best interest to never, ever, throw a barb like that in her direction ever again.

yea i know cause Simeon is such a horrible player right? smh

good, shes a lady. wow. she didnt make a good point, i wasnt bashing anyone. i said someone was getting burned alot this year, which was a fact and if u call that bashing well then...no comment. smh. and lol at u threatening me. dude, i love this site and alot of ppl on it but u can threaten me all u want. someone says something i feel is stupid to me, i will say something stupid right back. ban me, threaten me, warn me, delete me, whatever.

good, shes a lady. wow. she didnt make a good point, i wasnt bashing anyone. i said someone was getting burned alot this year, which was a fact and if u call that bashing well then...no comment. smh. and lol at u threatening me. dude, i love this site and alot of ppl on it but u can threaten me all u want. someone says something i feel is stupid to me, i will say something stupid right back. ban me, threaten me, warn me, delete me, whatever.

I think Porter's more taken back by the "Mr Saddam" statement more than anything else 37, especially considering Delta is a female.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, but I do think we all need to relax a bit on this and stop throwing barbs at one another.

porkchop said:

I think Porter's more taken back by the "Mr Saddam" statement more than anything else 37, especially considering Delta is a female.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, but I do think we all need to relax a bit on this and stop throwing barbs at one another.

i didnt know she was a she or i woulda said ms. saddam obviously lol. and i only said it because of the whole i need to "tread lightly" thing or w/e. i didn't feel i said anything wrong. but its w/e.

We're inexperienced on defense and it's a new system. Not to mention its not the true Nick Saban defense yet. We hardly ever blitz and put pressure on the wide recievers. When we get the better players who can do this, we will be a very solid defense.

I thought (and I could be wrong) that the initial "tread lightly" statement was because you were coming up on that line. The player bashing line. I think that is why she said that.

Then the Mr Saddam comment probably didn't help much after that. :lol:

Seriously though, let's all lighten up a little bit on these guys. I know it's frustrating at times and you have the right to your opinion, but try and present it wihtout crossing that line.

Anyway, it's UT week now gang!

Back
Top Bottom