| LIFE Ian - Charleston High Tide's at Noon Today

@TerryP looking like a bad time for high tide in downtown Charleston. You hunkered down?
As much as possible. I'm guessing we're getting 50-55 mph gusts right now. It's been averaging 20-25mph since last night. While it hasn't lasted long the power has been out a few times.

Ya know, that's the biggest bitch, hunkering down. With at least two and a half or three months of nice weather left this year all the stuff you bring in comes right back out again. But you do learn a few things ...

When buying a grill, buy a heavy one. If a storm comes along and it's strong enough to move it? Ya got bigger problems. The best I recall it said 210lbs, assembled, and I wasn't even thinking about "strong in a storm."

The northward shift shown with the 11am update should help reduce surge in Charleston, which is good news.
It's high tide now. No idea how it looks downtown other than seeing vehicles stuck on the crosstown.

Walked out to check my rain gauge (I'm soaked for a 50' walked there and back) and I've had 3½" today.

Good news (for some.) Xfinity is already out in the neighborhood.

Bad news: No one in the neighborhood has power and only a few have Xfinity.

They seem to be fixing the power issues in SC quickly, hopefully you'll be good soon. Amazing that FL outages are down to 1.2 million already from a max of 2.7 million. Those gains will get harder and harder as they have to rebuild the hardest hit areas.

Back
Top Bottom