| FTBL I was in Austin two weeks ago...

For a work related trip with my wife & I were in Austin right before Labor day weekend. And I intentionally walked from the Fairmont hotel to Whole Foods (about a half mile) to pick up a few items just to see how hot it gets there. I went at the same time of the game & to say the least, it was no joke with the heat. I live in Georgia & I am close to the same longitudinal plane as Austin. I questioned how much of a difference it could be. In full sun, it was an oven. Did I hear Klatt say that the heat index was showing 120 heat index on the field?

If that is true, that's just INSANE & if someone is not used to playing in that heat at that time, I don't care who you are, it is going to affect you mentally & certainly physically. Just trying to make some sense of why this team played so poorly, especially in the beginning. Then to play much better in the 4th quarter after their bodies adjusted.

For a work related trip with my wife & I were in Austin right before Labor day weekend. And I intentionally walked from the Fairmont hotel to Whole Foods (about a half mile) to pick up a few items just to see how hot it gets there. I went at the same time of the game & to say the least, it was no joke with the heat. I live in Georgia & I am close to the same longitudinal plane as Austin. I questioned how much of a difference it could be. In full sun, it was an oven. Did I hear Klatt say that the heat index was showing 120 heat index on the field?

If that is true, that's just INSANE & if someone is not used to playing in that heat at that time, I don't care who you are, it is going to affect you mentally & certainly physically. Just trying to make some sense of why this team played so poorly, especially in the beginning. Then to play much better in the 4th quarter after their bodies adjusted.
Yes he did and showed it close to 120 on the field.

It was hot but hard for me to think that was the problem with the 15 penatiles and OL blocking poorly.

With that said I think you did see the depth on the DL show up. The defense had to hold up to a lot with so many offensive 3 and outs and then the crazy drive extending penalties. I think the short horns had 5 redzone drives and only had 19 points. That could have been 35 points. All that to say thank goodness they were hard to score touchdowns on otherwise this would have ended much more poorly than a 1 point win.

Feel your pain. Started a new job that requires Trips to Austin, Houston and Odessa...all I can think of is the Ben & Jerry's ice cream...Shcweddy Balls.😂

Feel your pain. Started a new job that requires Trips to Austin, Houston and Odessa...all I can think of is the Ben & Jerry's ice cream...Shcweddy Balls.😂
Brenham, home of Blinn College and Blue Bell. About a half a mile apart and $cam said he never went there. Probably never went to Blinn either. Just played there. Man, I can't imagine a player at Blinn not going to Blue Bell. Every. Day.

Back
Top Bottom