| FTBL I hope it is okay with ya'll

imatigerfan

Verified Member
Before I started posting on the forums I thought I would introduce myself and why I am here.

I'm sure that you have noticed my name. I am a Tiger fan. Not only am I an AU fan, I'm also currently a student here.

You might be thinking, "what the H&ll are you doing here? Post on your own forums!" Well I do, but I am also a huge football fan and so the more football the better. When I post here I want to make it clear that I never will intend to flame. I am sure I might say something that someone won't like, I will use sarcasm when disagreeing with someone but I will never be obnoxious or, as I mentioned, be a flamer.

If you have read this far, I appreciate it. Just for kicks, this is my UA/AU story:
My father was the son of a travelling Baptist preacher. Half of the year he spent in Moblie, the other half in Alaska. They would drive the distance every year. When he lived in Alaska, the only football games they could pick up where Alabama games on the military channel. Because of this, my father became a huge Alabama fan and raised me an Alabama fan. When it came down to picking schools I felt like AU fit me better and I fell in love with it. While my dad was certainly disappointed, he wanted me to be happy and so here I am.

I look forward to posting on the forums and reading your post. I hope we can get along and I hope its okay with ya'll.

Always glad to welcome a respectful rival fan. However, I can't help but to think you chose the wrong side. :twisted: :D

Welcome to RTB.

Always glad to welcome a respectful rival fan. However, I can't help but to think you chose the wrong side.

Welcome to RTB.

Thanks for warm welcome. While I do hope for a victory against Bama every year, two of my best friends are Bama students and I love when I get to visit. I do like the bama campus, not as much T-Town(though I was raised on the original dreamland) and enjoy my trips every year. I, of course, am more than happy with my decision to be at Auburn and would never want to choose differently, but I do understand how Bama fans feel the same about their choice.

imatigerfan said:
If you have read this far, I appreciate it. Just for kicks, this is my UA/AU story:
My father was the son of a travelling Baptist preacher. Half of the year he spent in Moblie, the other half in Alaska. They would drive the distance every year. When he lived in Alaska, the only football games they could pick up where Alabama games on the military channel. Because of this, my father became a huge Alabama fan and raised me an Alabama fan. When it came down to picking schools I felt like AU fit me better and I fell in love with it. While my dad was certainly disappointed, he wanted me to be happy and so here I am.

I look forward to posting on the forums and reading your post. I hope we can get along and I hope its okay with ya'll.

So, are you an agnostic now as well? :wink: J/K!

Curious, what's your degree of study? I've seen hundreds of threads over the years about parents and their desire for their children not to attend this school or that one. While I don't have any children, I can understand that depending on what someone wants to study one school will always have a stronger program than another. Sometimes, football rivalry be damned. Heck, we have Auburn and LSU fans attending Alabama.

Curious, what's your degree of study? I've seen hundreds of threads over the years about parents and their desire for their children not to attend this school or that one. While I don't have any children, I can understand that depending on what someone wants to study one school will always have a stronger program than another. Sometimes, football rivalry be damned. Heck, we have Auburn and LSU fans attending Alabama.

Its funny you should mention that. I am an entrepreneurship major. Alabama is actually ranked better for entrepreneurship by the Princeton Review. However, the Auburn Business School was recently ranked higher than Bamas by Forbes this year. The reason I choose he entrepreneurship program at Auburn is because I have a good relationship with the head of the dept. And well, as the saying goes business is about who you know not what you know and this has already been proven true.

Welcome and Do you think Mac will have a big game against the Barn this weekend

I hope not. I have not been impressed with Arkansas lately. I think if we play like we have in the last three weeks then we have a chance against anyone.

It Takes Eleven said:
Welcome to the site!

Be careful, we've been known to convert rivals. Reger was a Vandy fan when he first started visiting... :D

RTR,

Tim

Actually, I was a Randy fan when I first arrived. But I've learned a lot since those days.

It Takes Eleven said:
reger60 said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Welcome to the site!

Be careful, we've been known to convert rivals. Reger was a Vandy fan when he first started visiting... :D

RTR,

Tim

Actually, I was a Randy fan when I first arrived. But I've learned a lot since those days.

I sit corrected. :D

So that means they were both North Texas fans? :twisted:

Welcome tiger.

Welcome to the board, imatigerfan. I had almost the opposite experience from yours. I grew up an Auburn fan in Lanett, AL. I later converted to a Tide fan, although I did not attend Alabama (JSU alum). An Aubie asked me once why I switched. I said I had a religious experience. :shock:

Post early, post often.

Back
Top Bottom