| FTBL I got a harder poll for you guys!

Who was BAMA's greatest pass catcher?

• Freddie Milons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Curtis Brown

• Keith Brown

• David Palmer

• Kevin Lee

• Joey Jones

• Al Bell

• D.J. Hall

• Dennis Homan

• David Bailey

• Ozzy Newsome

• Don Hutson

• Other

• Total voters
I voted, but I really like Prince Wimbley. Met him here in town a few times and he is a super jam-up guy.

I will ask this. How the heck did Curtis Brown make the cut? I remember the first game I ever went to was in 92 at the LA Tech game in the Ham'. That boy had a set of bricks for hands that day. He couldn't have caught syphilis from a prostitute if he wanted to. Around the 3rd quarter he dropped another pass that hit him right in the hands. Everybody cheered when CGS pulled him out. I really felt bad for him then.

i can't vote 'cause there's no "all of the above" option.

this poll is just too dang difficult to pick just one. i know there can only be one best, but they are all just too good to pick one over another.

as far as my personal favorite, it's a tie between two of them; Al Bell and Joey Jones. i can remember watching these two make impossible catches and keep the TIDE alive and, more times than not, going on to win the game.

Don Hutson and Ozzy Newsome clearly (Jesse Palmer third)... but Hutson is credited with creating many of the modern pass routes used in the NFL today (and he's considered one of the best WR in NFL history, Newzome too, yeah), and Hutson changed the WR's conception as we know it today... My vote is for Hutson for his impact those days...

bamaupsman said:
Ray Perkins was no slouch.Hands like catchers' mitts.

The book I just finished, The Missing Ring, gives a book perspective of Perkins. Interviews with other players and coaches mentioned how weak a receiver Perkins was initially, and how he worked and willed himself to become a great receiver after his brain surgery, move from FB and the year missed in recovery.

RTR,

Tim

firestorm said:
Don Hutson and Ozzy Newsome clearly (Jesse Palmer third)... but Hutson is credited with creating many of the modern pass routes used in the NFL today (and he's considered one of the best WR in NFL history, Newzome too, yeah), and Hutson changed the WR's conception as we know it today... My vote is for Hutson for his impact those days...
David Palmer. Jesse Palmer played at UF, I think

It was a hard choice for me between Hutson, Newsome, and Joey Jones. I wound up voting for Joey because he is one of my all time favorites. If the guy could get a finger on the ball, he caught it.

It's got to be Hudson, right? He was way before my time, but everything I've read and seen about him says that he redefined the role of receivers in football. Heck, he even led the NFL in punting one year. And if I'm not mistaken, he even led in interceptions one year, also.

Back
Top Bottom