| BSB/SB šŸ„Ž I don't like football games on a baseball field. I H.A.T.E. what I'm seeing here: softball on a football field?

TerryP

Staff
1st and 10 with the ball on second base. I don't like the transition from dirt to turf when seeing football games played in places like Wrigley. But this takes the cake here.

They CAN do better. It's so visually frustrating.

The "Uni-Dome." :rolleyes:

This wouldn't happenat Liberty @TerryP

;) ;) ;)
Kamphuis_Field_20170411_7855LR.jpg
Screenshot 2022-02-12 3.39.33 PM.png

Only reasoning I could possibly see is they do this because they have such shitty weather for softball this early in the year.
Oh, no doubt. They (NIU) have a softball complex.

I get it, but I doubt they are exactly flush with cash in order to make too many upgrades for what would basically be a temporary makeover on a pig.
I'm guessing they don't think it's cost efficient. I wonder how much their football team is going to use that complex this spring.

@BamaFan334 you mentioned Liberty's facilities? As a comparison it looks like there's three or four times the seating in Lynchburg.

Screenshot 2022-02-13 2.19.56 AM.png

Here is why Cal never hosts NCAA tournaments. And, so far, the fruits and nuts out there have prevented them from doing anything about it.

"Judge Frank Roesch ruled that Cal could not just do an addendum but must more fully examine the impact of the $26 million project.

The ruling is a victory for the Panoramic Hill Association, a neighborhood group representing those who live near many of Calā€™s athletic facilities, including the softball field, Memorial Stadium, the Strawberry Canyon pool and the rugby field.

The Panoramic Hill Association had filed a lawsuit against UC Berkeley because the enormous project would have severe impacts on the area, impacts that needed to be examined in detail, it said in a press release."

Exisiting softball field at UC Berkeley.
The existing softball field at UC Berkeley. Credit: Cal Athletics

"Currently, the softball field, built in 1995, has permanent seating for 350, though the university often sets up portable chairs on a nearby parking lot to increase capacity to 1,350 seats. The existing field dimensions and the lighting system do not meet NCAA requirements."

Last edited:
I wonder how often they can paint artificial turf before it's time to replace. I suppose the paint could get thick enough where a guy really could trip over the white lines.
The turf fields last 7-15 yearsā€¦.
Depends on which one you purchase.
Most high school/college have the 10 year with full warranty on the turf, they do need to saw dust/sand/rubber pellet the turf on a regular basis tho

Back
Top Bottom