| RECRUIT I didn't see this coming. "The Transfer Portal Camp."

TerryP

Staff
As I understand this a player has to be committed to a school by May 1st to be eligible to play in the fall. (SEC is Feb. 1st.)

I don't see a lot of benefit for FBS guys here.

FNBRIXlXIAYjf6Y

FNBRIXnWUBEuq2V

Seems like a chance to move up for some....
On a serious note:

The spring signing period for D1 ends on April 1st, DII programs are August 1st. If you're a player in DIII ball you'll have an opportunity.

DII players could transfer to a bigger program, sure. But consider the likelihood of that happening. It's slim, if not smaller. Your DI schools will have their eyes on who is in the portal by that point and if a player is attending one of these camps? He's not caught any eyes.

This is a money making venture and opinions on this will vary. There are far more benefits for the hosts that I can see. My opinion is based on when and with whom you can sign. These camps don't fit the NCAA calendar.

It ranks below community college feeders as far as a talent pool. Probably below IMG.

On a serious note:

The spring signing period for D1 ends on April 1st, DII programs are August 1st. If you're a player in DIII ball you'll have an opportunity.

DII players could transfer to a bigger program, sure. But consider the likelihood of that happening. It's slim, if not smaller. Your DI schools will have their eyes on who is in the portal by that point and if a player is attending one of these camps? He's not caught any eyes.

This is a money making venture and opinions on this will vary. There are far more benefits for the hosts that I can see. My opinion is based on when and with whom you can sign. These camps don't fit the NCAA calendar.

It ranks below community college feeders as far as a talent pool. Probably below IMG.
I know you wont agree....but my initial thought was...
Isnt it like the nfl combines...with these above mentioned groups as sponsors ( eventually)....
With individuals having to shell out some money...wont be long before it’s completely sponsored though

Sometimes its hard to see how one performs u til they get in higher competition ( as are so many 4-5 star wash outs)...

Have competition..
Coaches send scouts....
Some players look like Tarzan...others look like Jane

Just initial tought

Back
Top Bottom