| HAVE YOU SEEN? How to use the Bookmark and Watch features

planomateo

Want to Bookmark a post for future reference within the app for easy reference later vs having it keep it as a bookmark within your browser?

1. Click the Bookmark icon on the post you want to bookmark. It will get highlighted when selecting

2. Once selected, it will highlight yellow and this panel will pop-up.

3. You can access the Bookmark by clicking your profile name in the header and then this panel will pop-up.

4. Click Bookmarks to see what you have bookmarked.

Another neat feature enables anyone to Watch a given forum. We have several forums, such as FanSights, Our Life(s), UA News, & FAQ / Site Help.

The Watch feature has been in Xenforo for years now, this is now enhanced with Push Notifications that was recently enabled with XenForo 2.1 upgrade.

By watching a forum and enabling notifications, you'll get an alert every time a new thread is created, similar to watching a thread. You can

How to Watch a Forum:

1. Browse to the forum you want to watch and received notifications when a new thread is created. Click the Watch button.

2. The below overlay will appear. Select the applicable options and hit the Watch button to save your settings.

How to Unwatch a Forum:

1. To disable the watch option, you have to unwatch. If you want to change your watch setting, you will also have to unwatch and then go back to Watch to adjust. Select the Unwatch button shown below.

2. Click the Unwatch button in the new overlay.

How to Watch a thread?

1. You can watch a thread and get notifications to your mobile device or browser if you have push notifications enabled. Select Watch in the thread.

2. Select to receive or not receive email. If you just want push notification, select without receiving email notifications.

3. Ensure your Account Preferences has Push notifications enabled for watched thread by going to Account Preferences and scrolling down until you see below section.

Thank you! This will come in very handy in the future.

As I understand this, I can use the Bookmarks feature to flag a thread that I want to come back to later. Example, if I wanted to do some research on some stats before posting, I could just bookmark this and come back to it when I have the data?

It also means I don't have to save bookmarks on my computer as they are managed within my profile on the site, giving me access on all of my devices.

This is GREAT!!!

As I understand this, I can use the Bookmarks feature to flag a thread that I want to come back to later. Example, if I wanted to do some research on some stats before posting, I could just bookmark this and come back to it when I have the data?
Yes sir.

There are a few options built in. You can tag them, working off the same type of idea as the prefix filtering system, and split between sports, different stats, etc.

Play around with it...

Back
Top Bottom