| FTBL how much do the bowl game head honcho's make...

planomateo

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2011/01/10/bowls-pay-bowl-officials-big-bucks/

what does the bowl committee do to earn this much money in the course of the year.

I'm sure they do some important work, I'm just not convinced its worth hundreds of thousands of dollars per executive. specifically, the top two salaries of the Sugar Bowl exec's is over $1m combined. Because of the BCS formula, they have a pretty good idea who will be at the game, they know that any SEC school that makes it will travel well and sell out and then some, due to support/proximity/new orleans.

anyone here have any insight as to what this person or people do throughout the year to make this kinda money? granted, i'm sure they spend alot of time lobbying to keep the bowl games versus going to a playoff, but kinda thinking that fans will go their teams games regardless of what impact these exec's have.

Big Bowl Bucks

The annual salaries of each bowl's CEO/president/executive director along with any other bowl employees who earn more than $200,000 a year. Salary information obtained by the Sports Business Journal.

$808,032 Jim McVay, Outback
$645,386 Paul Hoolahan, Sugar
$504,444 Gary Stokan, Chick-fil-A
$419,873 Rick Baker, Cotton
$419,045 Derrick Fox, Alamo
$415,118 John Junker, Fiesta/Insight
$377,475 Gary Cavalli, Kraft Fight Hunger
$357,722 Eric Poms, Orange
$277,929 John Dorger, Rose
$261,496 Bruce Binkowski, Holiday/Poinsettia
$242,584 Steve Hogan, Capital One/Champs
$236,594 Scott Ramsey, Music City
$200,599, Kevin McDonald, Humanitarian
$166,088 Bernie Olivas, Sun
$110,217 Missy Setters, Independence
$90,000 Mike Gottfried, GoDaddy.com
$37,500 Stephen Beck, Military

Bowl officials who are not their respective bowls' highest paid employee, yet make more than $200,000

$398,023 Jeff Hundley, Sugar
$256,588 Marty MacInnis, Cotton
$234,559 Robert Hollis, Chick-fil-A
$219,932 Natalie Aguilar-Wisneski, Fiesta/Insight
$210,013 David Epps, Chick-fil-A
$203,245 Christina Francis, Orange
$200,381 Brian Park, Orange

Last edited:
OK, let's put this in the picture. A BCS bowl game paying over 30 million to the two teams.

Someone did a good job of sponserships, ticket sales, promotions...

yes, I'd say that each bowl is going to generate between X-Y dollars in revenue/profit. A better executive will increase that revenue/profit more towards the Y number, I see your point. I even took some of that into consideration prior to posting this.

I also realize that they do alot of work all year long to get sponsorships, I guess I was wondering how they can make more money than the schools that actually go to the games (after expenses of course).

I guess I'm more of the thought that bowl games can generate alot of revenue/profit on their own merit. I'd be curious to know exactly what they did to earn that money, not that its any of my business. But I'm curious what their job consists of and how much benefit they truly add to the non-profit organizations they represent.

Back
Top Bottom