| FTBL How many SEC teams will we see in Bowl games this season? (Team records and future opponents with two weeks left.)

TerryP

Staff
SEC West:

LSU is the only team that hasn't qualified for a bowl game. The Tigers are 4-7 overall with these games remaining: ULM this weekend and A&M to close out the season. Their bowl game hopes rest on beating A&M, at home, on the 27th.

SEC East:

Two teams have secured their bowl invitations: UGA and UK.

There are four teams at 5-5:
  • Florida (Mizzou and FSU.)
  • Tennessee (USA and Vanderbilt.)
  • South Carolina (Auburn and Clemson.)
  • Missouri (Florida and Arkansas.)
We can put Tennessee in, right?

Missouri hosts Florida this upcoming weekend. A win there and they're in leaving UF a chance to get their sixth win versus FSU. A loss? I'd say Mizzou is out.

UofSC hosts Auburn? Then Clemson? Both games in Columbia?

There's a good chance we see 12 of the 14 SEC teams bowling: LSU and Vandy left sitting at home.

You right Gators will get in winning those two games. UT will also get in by winning the last two. UofSC will get in just winning one of those games.
@USCe vs AU....

Could really piss on AUs season...

.....When not to long ago......

It was....

BO is gonna slip up and win Heisman ( delusional fans I know)
.....and.......

AU is gonna end up vs uga in sec cc game ( mostly same delusional fans)

And @TerryP ...even at 5-7 Lsu may get rewarded for a great year with a bowl....
Could not vandy vs Massachusetts be compelling?

@USCe vs AU....

Could really piss on AUs season...

.....When not to long ago......

It was....

BO is gonna slip up and win Heisman ( delusional fans I know)
.....and.......

AU is gonna end up vs uga in sec cc game ( mostly same delusional fans)

And @TerryP ...even at 5-7 Lsu may get rewarded for a great year with a bowl....
AU can go to the new Birmingham bowl. For entertainment they can walk across the street to Top Golf and save a ton of money on transportation. :p

There's a good chance there won't be enough .500 teams to fill all the bowl bids. But, LSU still won't get there.

Their APR, which is the only saving grace for a 5-7 team, is dead last in the SEC. A 5-7 UofSC will get an invitation before LSU as will Mizzou, Tennessee, and Florida.

And here we're only talking about the SEC.

There's a good chance there won't be enough .500 teams to fill all the bowl bids. But, LSU still won't get there.

Their APR, which is the only saving grace for a 5-7 team, is dead last in the SEC. A 5-7 UofSC will get an invitation before LSU as will Mizzou, Tennessee, and Florida.

And here we're only talking about the SEC.

They have to much of a following

We will see. But i bet unless administration declines lsu will get a bowl

There will be at least 75 bowl-eligible teams for 80 spots. Could be as many as 87 bowl-eligible. In other words, not likely we’ll get any 5-7 entries.

Need WK-13 win for bowl…

Memphis (vs Tulane)
Tulsa (at SMU)
Cuse (vs Pitt)
FSU at UF (both)
VT (at UVA)
WVU (at Kansas)
TCU (at Iowa St)
UNT (vs UTSA)
Char at ODU (both)
MTSU at FAU (both)
Ball St (vs Buff)
SJSU (vs Fres)
LSU (vs A&M)
SoAla (vs CCU)
Troy (at GaSt)

260789836_1705234296313971_7445569026690990495_n.jpg

Here your answer.

Does the barn count as bowl eligible? I know back before the plague you had to have 6 wins vs FBS. The barn has 5…that win over Alabama State wouldn’t count.
You're allowed to count a win that's not FBS once every two years. That's the way the rule read the last time this subject came up: it's been a while.

Last week there was a chance there wouldn't be enough spots for all 13 to play. Part of that conversation had to do with regional draws.

I've not looked but I'd think there's some bowl projections published after this past weekends games. People joke about Auburn to Birmingham. It seems to me like that'd be a good landing spot for Mississippi State.

Perhaps someone will find some new projections ...

Back
Top Bottom