How Does Harrison Really Feel?

bama alum

Hot Mic Catches Kentucky’s Andrew Harrison Saying F*** That N**** When Asked About Frank Kaminsky By Jorge Alonso / 04.05.15
| Tweet
kentuckyg.png

ESPN

During the post game press conference for the Wisconsin-Kentucky Final Four game, Kentucky’s Andrew Harrison had a bit of unfortunate incident when the question of Frnk Kaminsky came up.
In the video below you can clearly hear Harrison saying F** that N*** when a reporter asked about Wisconsin center Frank Kaminsky.
After their Final Four loss, Kentucky players were seen leaving the court early without shaking their opponents hands. Now they have one of their leaders blasting a Wisconsin player in the worst way possible on national television.
It’s pretty sad that in less than a few hours one of most celebrated teams off all-time turned out to be so petty and classless.

This wasn't mean to offend anyone in the slightest. I feel the whole incident is in really poor taste. Apparently, the one thing Pitino didn't teach his team was to lose with some class and show some sportsmanship.

Since he's off to the NBA, I guess issuing an apology was all UK could make him do. If you listen to him live, then maybe you're like me and not buying these apology tweets.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-expletive-racial-slur-toward-frank-kaminsky/

Kentucky’s Andrew Harrison apologizes for expletive, racial slur aimed toward Frank Kaminsky
.hideText{position:absolute;left:-10000px}
Comments 104

By Cindy Boren April 5 at 9:22 AM
imrs.php

Frank Kaminsky (44) loses control of the ball while being guarded by Andrew Harrison (5). (Brian Spurlock / USA Today)
Kentucky’s Andrew Harrison found out the hard way that nothing said during a post-game press conference is ever really private.

An expletive and racial slur directed at Wisconsin’s Frank Kaminsky was picked up by microphones as Harrison sat, disappointed, and tried to explain Kentucky’s first loss in 39 games. Harrison was seated with several teammates at an interview table when a reporter asked Karl-Anthony Towns about Kaminsky, saying: “Karl, could you talk about Kaminsky and what if anything is unique about defending him?” Near the end of the question, Harrison covered his mouth and mumbled, “[Expletive] that [racial slur].” Naturally, video cameras caught it and social media lit up.

By Sunday morning, Harrison, 20, was apologizing to Kaminsky on Twitter and saying that he had called “Big Frank” to apologize, adding that he used the words “in jest towards a player I respect and know.”

Andrew Harrison@DrewRoc5 Follow
First i want to apologize for my poor choice of words used in jest towards a player I respect and know.
2:25 AM - 5 Apr 2015
1,643 Retweets
2,213 favorites
Andrew Harrison@DrewRoc5 Follow
When I realized how this could be perceived I immediately called big frank to apologize and let him know I didn't mean any disrespect
2:26 AM - 5 Apr 2015
1,411 Retweets
2,008 favorites
Andrew Harrison@DrewRoc5
Follow

We had a good conversation and I wished him good luck in the championship game Monday.
2:27 AM - 5 Apr 2015
1,142 Retweets
1,875 favorites
Both Harrison and his twin brother and teammate, Aaron, skipped the postgame handshake line with Wisconsin, too, but it was Andrew Harrison’s comment that drew attention away from that slight. A spokesman for the Wildcats said that the school would speak with Harrison.

“We have no comment until we have had a chance to evaluate it,” Eric Lindsey said.

Exactly what Kentucky will do is unclear, given that Harrison may be heading off to the NBA.

Attachments

• upload_2015-4-5_9-12-10.png
    upload_2015-4-5_9-12-10.png
    783 bytes · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom