| FTBL Here's a tough one I found. Start one, Bench one, Cut one. (Tua, Bryce, and Mac.)

All my opinions....ok
Tua was most exciting QB since Namath...and QBed the greatest play in CFhistory
Mac QBed the greatest Bama team ever
BY....if he would have had the teams...especially at receiver n RB....that the other 2 had....oooooo boy...

None won 2NCs like McCarron though...

Refuse to answer

Gonna go with it as if they were all there this Spring and I had to choose before the first practice but they were at the capabilities I have seen in the last year. Mac, Bryce, Tua answering in the order asked. I love me some Tua, but I think Mac is the overall better choice to start at this particular moment. Bryce has a lot more to show and deserves the get to his max capabilities. Tua is just the odd man out for me if I have to stick with 2.

Starting Mac, Benching Bryce, and Cutting Tua. I feel like Mac is one of the most cerebral quarterbacks I have seen. he's smooth and it looks like he exerts very little effort when he plays. Bryce is getting there. Once I see he can hit the deep pass a little more consistently I think he can jump Mac for the start. His elusiveness and ability to run were a welcomed sight when we saw the line wasn't going to protect him as well most of the year. With Tua, it comes down to injuries. He's the most accurate quarterback I think I have seen. I mean that in that he puts the ball right in the bread basket or wherever it needs to be for his guys to catch it. It wasn't just "in their direction", it was where it needed to be. He commanded his team play hard and they trusted him which is huge. He should have won the Heisman twice, but injuries kept him from that, and for that I would have to cut him, although he could easily be starting if he stays healthy.

I answered this on Twitter. But like I said on Twitter, this is a “what have you done for me lately type of society. Time clouds judgment. Solely based on time at Bama, im starting Tua. The other two is basically a coin flip.

Tua came in a took the starting job and didn’t look back. Came in the National championship game and won a natty, went back to the natty the next year, and was on par to make it back again. Mac didn’t beat out Tua and Young didn’t beat out Mac.

Tua hasn’t done well in the NFL to date and people have forgotten his time at Bama.

My answer is Bama problems. Funny we actually had some of these problems and Saban chose Tua. Bryce did not take the job from Mac and Mac did great in his first year. Let's enjoy Bama problems as long as we can.

It's too early to really made a solid choice with Bryce having a year left. Still, I can't cut Mac and his 2020 campaign makes it REAL hard to bench him.

Start: Mac Jones
Bench: Jalen Hurts
Cut: Tua

Tua was the most talented of the three, but he suffers from Sam Bradford Syndrome (IE plagued by injuries all the time). If Mac got hurt, I would view Tua as being highly likely to get injured as well. Jalen Hurts had limitations as a passer, but the guy was a fucking tank and had excellent intangibles.

Start Mac, Bench Bryce, cut Tua

Tua probably did more with nothing than anyone else, when a play broke down he'd fling it out to someone or scramble around to make something happen more. Bryce has this ability, but he's not confident enough to do it as well or doesn't want to make as many mistakes as Tua did pushing it. But Tua did make a lot of mistakes, one of his biggest was when he held on too long and tried to run away and ended up with a broken hip.

Mac had total command at all times, and that's what I want in my qb. He could make things happen, but it was more with a side step, or a simple run when no one thought he would. But he was pinpoint accurate, especially on the long throws. Tua was not as accurate on those, seems like he always over threw the long ball or under threw it.

Bryce may be the best of them all, but he's only had 1 year of play, and only 2 years of practice. Mac had the benefit of being in the program for what, 5 years? Bryce plays with command, he's cool and collected, but he has that escapability that I think he's been too reluctant to use, though later in the year he started improvising more. He could go down as one of the greatest, but let's see it happen first.

Back
Top Bottom