Help me decide which truck to get

Which truck?

• Total voters

Pundit

Getting as second vehicle. Need something that is comfortable for long road trips as I often drive 750+ miles/week for work. Also need something that can tow a motorcycle trailer and has a pretty good payload. I've narrowed it down to two options. Both are 4x2 with the top end SLT package w/ leather, nav, backup camera, etc.

2016 GMC Canyon SLT, v6, 7000lb towing capacity, 26mpg, $85/mo insurance, $36k MSRP, $32K OTD
101486270.jpg

2015 GMC Sierra SLT, v8, 10000lb towing capacity, 22mpg, $100/mo insurance, $46k MSRP, $35K OTD
2015_gmc_sierra_1500_slt_sonoma_red_metallic_in_eastborough_kansas_5800009434409632624.jpg

Drove both today.
Canyon pros: cheaper to buy/insure/fuel, rides/handles better, fits me better, easier to drive, model year newer
Sierra pros: deeper discount, much more truck, better presence, no "little truck" stigma, higher resale

Side by side size comparison:
GMC-Sierra-vs-GMC-Canyon-Main.jpg

Input appreciated. Really torn here.

I'm surprised the Canyon rides better than the Sierra, with the Sierra have the longer wheelbase. I guess it's a little stiffer due to beefier suspension. My brother in-law just got a '15 Silverado (same as the Sierra) and he's crazy abou the ride and comfort. I like the mileage I get on the highway in my Tahoe with V8 with 4 cyl/8 cyl variable displacement. Pretty dependable. Is the V6 on the Canyon a new engine development or is it the old line 4.3 liter (bore and stroke of a small block)?

I have a sierra and have not been happy with it. It's spent 2-3 weeks at the dealership getting worked on since May. The build quality is terrible and the transmission is always confused about what gear it wants to be in. Iv never gotten 22mpg either.

I don't know anything about the canyon

If your comfortable in the canyon and dont plan on hauling much it wouldnt make sense to get the larger truck. Youd be paying more per month in payments, more in fuel, and more in insurance just to have a big vehicle.

I'm surprised the Canyon rides better than the Sierra, with the Sierra have the longer wheelbase. I guess it's a little stiffer due to beefier suspension. My brother in-law just got a '15 Silverado (same as the Sierra) and he's crazy abou the ride and comfort. I like the mileage I get on the highway in my Tahoe with V8 with 4 cyl/8 cyl variable displacement. Pretty dependable. Is the V6 on the Canyon a new engine development or is it the old line 4.3 liter (bore and stroke of a small block)?

What kind of mpg's are you getting in your Tahoe?

My opinion, fuck GM. No way in hell I'd buy a car from them after the bailouts and how they dealt with the ignition recalls hiding behind the bankruptcy.

You should have got a Toyota Tundra...but hell, I'm biased. I love my Tundra.

Supercharged too and I drive it like I stole it.

totmjuly20122.jpg

Back
Top Bottom