| FTBL Head-to-Head Series Where Bama Trails by Two or More Games

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Staff
We have a good number of 0-1 series tallies, and some of those we'll never even up (Georgia Pre-Flight and Cumberland). Others are embarrassing points in our history (NIU, UCF).

There are just four schools where we trail by two or more games in a series:

Rice 0-3
Texas 1-7-1
Boston College 1-3
Notre Dame 3-5

I'm not sure we'll ever play Rice again (Dicky Moegle was a hoss), but which of these four head-to-head records will get to .500 first? We play UT each of the next two years and then we plunge into some sort of conference rotation with them. ND could back into another playoff or two, and we have them in a home and away in 2029 and 30.

Also, since they'll start cycling through more frequently, I'll mention we currently trail Oklahoma 2-3-1.

RTR,

Tim

We have a good number of 0-1 series tallies, and some of those we'll never even up (Georgia Pre-Flight and Cumberland). Others are embarrassing points in our history (NIU, UCF).

Rice 0-3
Texas 1-7-1
Boston College 1-3
Notre Dame 3-5

I'm not sure we'll ever play Rice again (Dicky Moegle was a hoss), but which of these four head-to-head records will get to .500 first? We play UT each of the next two years and then we plunge into some sort of conference rotation with them. ND could back into another playoff or two, and we have them in a home and away in 2029 and 30.

Also, since they'll start cycling through more frequently, I'll mention we currently trail Oklahoma 2-3-1.

RTR,

Tim
For us growing up with painful losses....Texas and ND...games...

Agree with @BamaFan334 ...better chance to be ND...
Wont play Texas 7 more times in reasonable time tocatch them...

So Texas comes into SEC with mantra...... only 2 SEC teams Bama doesnt have a winning record vs and Oklahoma 3-2 vs bama

Last edited:
I disagree with the Texas. With where we are, I feel really good about getting us to 3-7-1 against them. We should beat them in Austin this year with where their program is and where we are. We have them at home next year with most assuredly a rookie QB with his first true road test in the SEC. After that, UT will be in the SEC and we will start seeing them on a regular basis of some sort. Who knows what the rotation will be, but ND is still 7 years away and that is no guarantee. With the conference shifts that have taken place, I can see a lot of OOC games be cancelled or moved to accommodate the new conference alignments.

Rice 0-3
Texas 1-7-1
Boston College 1-3
Notre Dame 3-5

RTR,

Tim
NIU with Michael Turner was like Rice with Dicky Moegle. Turner had 156 yards on 27 carries against Bama in 2003.

College career[edit]​

He attended Northern Illinois University, and played for the Northern Illinois Huskies football team. As a junior, he finished second in the nation with 1,915 yards, including five 200+ yd games and two games with five touchdowns. In 2003, he finished second in the NCAA in rushing, behind his future NFL teammate Darren Sproles, with 1,648 yards. He left NIU with the school records for rushing yards (4,941), touchdowns (43) and all-purpose yards (5,392).

NIU with Michael Turner was like Rice with Dicky Moegle. Turner had 156 yards on 27 carries against Bama in 2003.

College career[edit]​

He attended Northern Illinois University, and played for the Northern Illinois Huskies football team. As a junior, he finished second in the nation with 1,915 yards, including five 200+ yd games and two games with five touchdowns. In 2003, he finished second in the NCAA in rushing, behind his future NFL teammate Darren Sproles, with 1,648 yards. He left NIU with the school records for rushing yards (4,941), touchdowns (43) and all-purpose yards (5,392).

I was hiking the Appalachian Trail, taking a zero day in Andover, Maine, and watched that game.

P.J. Fleck was also on that NIU team.

That was miserable to watch. I remember NIU blocked an extra point and ran it back for 2. That was the difference in the ball game. I also remember reading in the newspaper after the game, one of the NIU players was quoted as saying we made no half time adjustments. We did the exact same thing in the second half as we did in the first half. Shula and Radar........a tandem for the ages.

I’m working in Minneapolis for 4 months. The locals have not missed a chance to remind me of their last game with Bama. The illustrious 2004 Music City Bowl. Marion Barber (RIP) and Laurence Maroney for Minnesota ran for almost 300 on us while our leading rusher was Keith Brown (the WR) with 1 carry for 17 yards. What a trash game. Total of 5 points scored in the 2nd half, they had a FG, we got a safety.

I’m working in Minneapolis for 4 months. The locals have not missed a chance to remind me of their last game with Bama. The illustrious 2004 Music City Bowl. Marion Barber (RIP) and Laurence Maroney for Minnesota ran for almost 300 on us while our leading rusher was Keith Brown (the WR) with 1 carry for 17 yards. What a trash game. Total of 5 points scored in the 2nd half, they had a FG, we got a safety.
Butttttt....alabama won "battle of fans" on broadway that night...kicked some gopher ass...

Game sucked so bad...had tickets for 5$.... and overpaid

I guess I'd call that living in the past. They've had one 10-win season in the 17 seasons since then (and that was a crappy 7-5 team that beat us) and finished just once in the top 25. I'd have to check our record, but we may have an edge. It's a good thing we've been able to dodge them.

I guess I'd call that living in the past. They've had one 10-win season in the 17 seasons since then (and that was a crappy 7-5 team that beat us) and finished just once in the top 25. I'd have to check our record, but we may have an edge. It's a good thing we've been able to dodge them.
The ones I work with have realistic expectations and very sensible fans. They know a .500 year is a good year. But, they have been happy to rub in that victory from our down days. Hey, if I were them, I would too! That was a flash of talent they had a the running back position for those few years.

Back
Top Bottom