| OT Having been to Austin this doesn't surprise me. Tell me. Who is it that pays attention to the mascots at ball games?

Gay marriage bothers me none. Gay people bother me none. Love who you want and have sex with who you want and leave me out of it. But crap like throwing on a rainbow PRIDE shirt, saying Love is Love, and thinking you are great for it is just idiotic. Corporate Slacktivism is useless garbage and just makes me think less of your brand.

@musso want to hear your thoughts on that idle musing....
Haha oh boy ... well both symbols represent a desire by the select to eliminate excess or undesirable "carbon."

I've had a change of heart on this issue due to parenthood. Pre-parenthood I was a libertarian libertine: to each their own and not caring about what messages are being broadcast in public so long as I'm not forced to participate. As a parent I now believe that proper modeling is critical to child rearing, and children are accessible now more than ever before to cultural influencers due to technology. So to put it briefly, yes, adults should be free to live their lives peacefully and consensually with other adults however they wish. But any civilization that neglects the role that culture has on its youth, neglects its own future. The romantic relationships that naturally result in human reproduction (ie heterosexuality) and the ideals that support optimal and stable households (eg living costs that allow for single household incomes) should be elevated and promoted above all other relationships and lifestyles. No one is abusing gay and lesbian people anymore. No one can deny them the same legal rights that traditional marriages have long enjoyed. This is good. But we've long passed the threshold of tolerance, equal rights, etc. We've now entered the realm of outright promotion, celebration, and "pride" in behaviors that predictably result in civilizational decay. Why? Because some elites are convinced that their future requires drastic reduction in birth rates among the peasants and, whenever opportunity arises, crises (pandemics, wars, toxic pollution, etc.) that further thin the herd. They want us eating bugs and plant-based meat patented by I.P. laws and conducive to perpetual profits by institutional investors. They don't want us growing and raising our own food, and children for that matter.

If we don't wake up and consciously support with our money traditional modes of living and production, they are going to continue to enclose the commons, herding us in their "15-minute city" gettos with 5-G surveillance, and have us begging their permission to have our own families and pursuits.

Last edited:
What's the message being sent? And, to whom?

It's a legitimate question whether you question the motivation behind the question, or not.

""The rainbow making people soft." I did laugh: I see the humor.

Gotta ask. How is the rainbow different from the swastika? Do they not, both, represent an agenda?
What’s difference between a rainbow and a fucking nazi symbol? Gtfo here with that stupidity

Better question is why does a rainbow that has NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU OR ANYBODY ELSE has such a fit? That stupid maga shit is sold and you don’t see us on my side “protesting” companies and shit.

You can “laugh” at my making people soft, but it has made people on the right soft as shit

Last edited:
What’s difference between a rainbow and a fucking nazi symbol? Gtfo here with that stupidity
Convenient to leave out the follow up question about "both representing an agenda," is it?

Better question is why does a rainbow that has NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU OR ANYBODY ELSE has such a fit? That stupid maga shit is sold and you don’t see us on my side “protesting” companies and shit.
Help me out here. "A rainbow that has nothing to do with you or anyone else?" My question has nothing to do with me. I simply asked what was the message sent and to whom? The question, not so cleverly avoided, is met with "that stupid maga shit?" What does that have to do with this conversation?

I don't see your side protesting companies? Chic-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby are two you're familiar with. I have an acquaintance in VA who dealt with this at their business last year: almost to the date as I recall. It's retail that sells pro-Trump and pro-Christian stuff.

Last fall I read about Jane's Revenge having vandalized 18 pro-life centers. Which side of the aisle?
You can “laugh” at my making people soft, but it has made people on the right soft as shit
I thought it was funny; here's why.

Consider this for a minute. In a response to the subject of what Bob Huggins said you implied you'd have a violent response to someone who said (I think it was Catholic fags) in front of your daughter.

Here we have people who don't like the idea of the exposure of the Pride agenda to their children. Yet, they're soft?

I'm seeing the same response in both cases—children being exposed to something their parents don't like.

So again. I find the question of the message, and to and from who, to be legitimate. The question is purely rhetorical. We only need to look at Big Al for the answer.

I think it also begs the question. What would the response be if we changed the shirt to one that said, "Choose Life." Or, "Jesus Saves."

FWIW, the swastika and you immediately jumping to "a fucking nazy symbol" is lazy. Hinduism and Buddhism both use the symbol. It's ancient—both religious and cultural meanings. With the Hindu, the symbol is used with one of their goddesses. It's used in an Indian festival (I can't remember the name—"D-I-..." something. It was appropriated by the Nazi cult, sure.

There's a continuing theme there, eh? All sects. Two opposites that are alike with Buddhism and Nazism: peace vs genocide by fanatical believers. Both, with agenda's.

Would you have felt better if I'd have asked what the difference is in the Christian flag and the Pride flag? Aren't both, "accept our lifestyle OR you are _______."

I've had a change of heart on this issue due to parenthood.
I don't remember if you explicitly said so but I do know your children have been born since we've "known" each other. I'm going to say it was 2000-2002 area...on another Bama site. Hell, you may have had them since you've been here.

I've watched your thoughts change on a thing or two over the years. 👊

FWIW ...

Low levels of mercury in the diet of male white ibises cause the birds to mate with each other rather than with females. As a result many of the females can’t breed, and fewer chicks are produced.

It’s the first time a pollutant has been found to change an animal’s sexual preference. Many chemicals can “feminise” males or reduce fertility, but males affected in these ways still prefer females.

Morever, the declining fertility rate in First World countries has been well documented. You can easily find articles about it. It's reached levels where it's become matters of "national security" in countries like Japan, Spain, and others. So anything that contributes to declining reproduction and the destruction of the traditional family and identification with your ancestory is useful for rulers. Rulers want you to identify with them, in the here and now, so they can command your allegiance. If your allegiance is to your family, your ancestors, your city or state, or to your gender role established by evolutionary and historical precendent ... these are all impediments to tyranny. So they are fine with increasing the number of vulnerable, impressionable, and awkwardly developing youth who identify as either gay, non-binary, trans, etc. It all means the same to them: the destruction of family lineages and of the biological family itself as potential competitors to their authority.

Last edited:
symbols aggravate me all together, specifically symbols taken from one belief system and cll ok aimed as there own. Terryp beat me to the swastika was taken by the nazis. The rainbow was once a Christian symbol of love and peace, it was taken by the gay community. So anyone that gives any power to “Stolen symbols” are weak minded individuals. I’m sure we could go on for days nit picking where certain symbols/phrases/symbolism originated and it would personally drive me up the wall.

Back
Top Bottom