| FTBL Hate this feeling.....

sk33tr

el jefe
helplessness

I hate feeling helpless. I hate feeling like there's nothing I can do or could've done to help the team. I know it will pass, just as it did after the 2018 NC game. But man.....I sure do hate feeling like this. I hope this makes the guys (those that will be staying) that much more hungry next season to go out and bring it back home.

I know this is a random post, but I just had to put it out there.

Take solace in the fact that its obvious we will not win it every year, however, what team can say they have been to as many NC's as us. Even Kirby said that this Bama team is extremely young in key areas. Injuries decimated this team at the worst possible time and yet, they took an extremely talented and senior laden UGA team down to the wire with a great chance to win this game, not to mention us blowing them out in the SECCG. Not sure about others on here but I am really looking forward to next year, This team is gonna be really good, if not fantastic, especially on defense. So, even though we cant always win the natty every year, we are always in the mix every year for a chance to play for it. The sting will be gone in a few days so start looking forward to April and the spring game.

I also hate "The Day After"! Hate it as much as I love the day after the big win!

But mostly I feel a lot of gratitude. 2nd half of the iron bowl it looked like the SEC championship would be somewhat meaningless and Auburn would ruin the season once again. When that turned around it was just the gratitude of getting to play that huge SEC championship game... After that win it really felt like house $. So much fun to watch how the team came together and improved... And you could feel CNS just enjoying the moment... Rare to see him genuinely happy instead of just relieved. This particular team really got so close to reaching their potential, and under extremely tough circumstances.

Thankful for the happiness and great moments the fellas brought us down the stretch! What a run.

The 2 Clemson losses kind of relaxed my anxieties some. The beat down in the last one really helped me put it in perspective. I’ve not been super upset today like I thought I would be. It was a good year. We’re 6 and 3 in the championships. Win 2 lose 1. Hard to expect more. The sun came up, family is healthy, work is good, the cupboard is full and we have a lot of talent, 2 Heisman finalists and the best coach to walk the sidelines coming back next year. And my son and I got to attend 5 games in 5 cool stadiums this season. And I can’t not mention a strong performance with the Bama bucks in the bowl season 🤣 Life is good fellas, we are all blessed.

Worse part of this is not finishing in the 4th qtr. I knew this was going to be a challenge with Metchie out but then #1 went down. With that said I never felt like we would not find a way. Just core to being a Bama fan for years.

It's just the simple fact we hate losing, perhaps more than we love winning... As I have aged, I have learned to reconcile this more, especially since it was a loss in the NCG. I take those losses better than others for some reason...

For me the hardest part is ignoring the normal to the trolling leg humpers. The classy I can deal with (my beautiful wife & my son who saw his first NC) but most are just sore, sore winners.

It's just the simple fact we hate losing, perhaps more than we love winning... As I have aged, I have learned to reconcile this more, especially since it was a loss in the NCG. I take those losses better than others for some reason...

For me the hardest part is ignoring the normal to the trolling leg humpers. The classy I can deal with (my beautiful wife & my son who saw his first NC) but most are just sore, sore winners.
Got that right. My sister (Georgia fan) would not shut up about the refs yesterday. I had to put her in her place, but I also said "you just won the first National Championship in your 33 years of life and you're talking about the refs".

it hurt, but I am getting over it. The biggest issue I have is that I live in Ga, fortunately I don't know a lot of UGA fans, though. All you really need to say to them is that it only took them 8 tries to finally beat us, that should shut most of them up!

Back
Top Bottom