| FTBL Hatcher's name growing louder...

G

If it is him, we may not have an announcement until after NSD. He is a head coach and it would kill the Ga. Sou. recruiting class - It is only 3 weeks until National Signing Day.

I’ve heard this morning that word out of the Athletic Department was to not expect any new coaches to be hired before NSD because Saban was focused on finishing off this recruiting class. Sounds like maybe a cover story for the fact they are after Hatcher. Honestly though, it seems a bit seedy to me. If they hire Hatcher right after NSD, then all these guys who are committed to playing for him will end up playing for someone else. Would seem to me you might want to let them know that before they sign a LOI. They will all probably be pretty disgruntled that their new coach decided to leave right after they signed without letting them know what was happening.

RollTideRandy said:
I’ve heard this morning that word out of the Athletic Department was to not expect any new coaches to be hired before NSD because Saban was focused on finishing off this recruiting class. Sounds like maybe a cover story for the fact they are after Hatcher. Honestly though, it seems a bit seedy to me. If they hire Hatcher right after NSD, then all these guys who are committed to playing for him will end up playing for someone else. Would seem to me you might want to let them know that before they sign a LOI. They will all probably be pretty disgruntled that their new coach decided to leave right after they signed without letting them know what was happening.

I agree. I also don't like it from a selfish standpoint. I don't want to have to wait that long.

BamaDelta said:
RollTideRandy said:

I agree. I also don't like it from a selfish standpoint. I don't want to have to wait that long.

Three weeks is like forever... :lol:

RollTideRandy said:

I agree. I don't think it's very ethical to do it that way on purpose.

RollTideRandy said:
I’ve heard this morning that word out of the Athletic Department was...

What's the source? At this point you are posting a twice passed rumor. I appreciate the spirit with which you seem to be posting this, but this is exactly the kind of ill-timed gossip that CNS made a public scene about.

Please, let's all hold ourselves to the same standards that we would hold the press to. Short of that and we are likely hurting our beloved Crimson Tide.

Sorry to pick on you specifically Randy. You're not the only one, and I am certain I am just as guilty...but trying to change. RTR

LBS said:
RollTideRandy said:

What's the source? At this point you are posting a twice passed rumor. I appreciate the spirit with which you seem to be posting this, but this is exactly the kind of ill-timed gossip that CNS made a public scene about.

Please, let's all hold ourselves to the same standards that we would hold the press to. Short of that and we are likely hurting our beloved Crimson Tide.

Sorry to pick on you specifically Randy. You're not the only one, and I am certain I am just as guilty...but trying to change. RTR

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I don’t really see how this particular “rumor” could cause a lot of harm. Basically the point of it is to reassure everyone that the sky is not falling just because it takes us longer than a couple of days to hire an OC. Everyone is going to take their time to get it right, like Mal did when he hired Saban. No one is going to make a rush decision just because that’s what the fans want.

RollTideRandy said:
I don’t really see how this particular “rumor” could cause a lot of harm. Basically the point of it is to reassure everyone that the sky is not falling just because it takes us longer than a couple of days to hire an OC. Everyone is going to take their time to get it right, like Mal did when he hired Saban. No one is going to make a rush decision just because that’s what the fans want.

Which is a good thing, and it is the way things should be handled.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
LBS said:
RollTideRandy said:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol:

RollTideRandy said:
I’ve heard this morning that word out of the Athletic Department was to not expect any new coaches to be hired before NSD because Saban was focused on finishing off this recruiting class.

That would be the exact opposite approach taken by the school down the road. Hire as quickly as possible, no matter who it is.

One thing has got me concerned:
7733619_BG1.jpg

th_e9984b55.jpg

I mean does anyone else notice a resemblance?

Hatch this.

If Hatcher gets the O.C. spot this is what you can expect.

Written by a former player of Hatcher:

"Hatcher will adapt his offense to fit his personnel when required. The offense requires a lot of the QB to make audibles, requires a lot of the Center position to make the offensive line calls for blitzes and such, and a lot out of the recievers to make reads in coverages while running routes. It also requires the quarterbacks and recievers to recognize blitzes to run hot routes. The quarterbacks in this offense don't necessarily need an NFL type arm, but they need to have a good release, good footwork, and be accurate. By me saying that, I want to clarify that it is not a dink and dunk offense. Usually on any given play there is a reciever running a deep route. A lot of times these routes are run just to take the safety deep so a crossing pattern will be open underneath. But the quarterbacks in this offense always look to make the big throw when it is open. The QB is always looking at the defense before the play to read the defense and change on of the receivers routes (ala Peyton Manning). The recievers in this offense are required to know when the coverage is zone vs. man. This changes the way they run their routes. If it is zone, the reciever will cut off his route to settle in the zone. If it is man the receiver must know that he cannot stop running. The QB's praticing throwing the ball of the side of the receiver that he wants the receiver to turn to, in order to get the most YAC (this is important on curl routes). He runs a lot of sets with three wide recievers, 1 running back, and a tight end. The QB can be under center or in the shotgun. The tight end will play in the slot often. He will also line up in the I-formation and run it. He does not have a million plays like Mike Martz. You can't do that in college because players do not have the amount of time to learn them. But he can run almost any play out of any formation at any time. By the time you run the play in the game you probably have already practiced that play over a hundred times in practice. Last time I watched Valdosta play he had added many things since I have been there and changed some things slightly to fit his personel. Now that he has learned how to run the option successfully in only one year, despite never running it before is kind of scary. He is also not scared to run a RB or WR screen, especially when teams start to blitz. I have seen nothing that he does that want work on the next level. His offense actually reminds me a little bit of what the Colts and the Patriots are doing. His offense is a little bit Mike Martz (aggressive), a little bit West Coast (passing to open up the run when needed), and a little bit Indy colts (QB making so many calls at the line, and the ability of the offense to take what the defense gives it). He has even coached a QB on his national championship team that was a scrambler, and installed plays for that."

Re: Hatch this.

Ump said:
If Hatcher gets the O.C. spot this is what you can expect.

Written by a former player of Hatcher:

"Hatcher will adapt his offense to fit his personnel when required. The offense requires a lot of the QB to make audibles, requires a lot of the Center position to make the offensive line calls for blitzes and such, and a lot out of the recievers to make reads in coverages while running routes. It also requires the quarterbacks and recievers to recognize blitzes to run hot routes. The quarterbacks in this offense don't necessarily need an NFL type arm, but they need to have a good release, good footwork, and be accurate. By me saying that, I want to clarify that it is not a dink and dunk offense. Usually on any given play there is a reciever running a deep route. A lot of times these routes are run just to take the safety deep so a crossing pattern will be open underneath. But the quarterbacks in this offense always look to make the big throw when it is open. The QB is always looking at the defense before the play to read the defense and change on of the receivers routes (ala Peyton Manning). The recievers in this offense are required to know when the coverage is zone vs. man. This changes the way they run their routes. If it is zone, the reciever will cut off his route to settle in the zone. If it is man the receiver must know that he cannot stop running. The QB's praticing throwing the ball of the side of the receiver that he wants the receiver to turn to, in order to get the most YAC (this is important on curl routes). He runs a lot of sets with three wide recievers, 1 running back, and a tight end. The QB can be under center or in the shotgun. The tight end will play in the slot often. He will also line up in the I-formation and run it. He does not have a million plays like Mike Martz. You can't do that in college because players do not have the amount of time to learn them. But he can run almost any play out of any formation at any time. By the time you run the play in the game you probably have already practiced that play over a hundred times in practice. Last time I watched Valdosta play he had added many things since I have been there and changed some things slightly to fit his personel. Now that he has learned how to run the option successfully in only one year, despite never running it before is kind of scary. He is also not scared to run a RB or WR screen, especially when teams start to blitz. I have seen nothing that he does that want work on the next level. His offense actually reminds me a little bit of what the Colts and the Patriots are doing. His offense is a little bit Mike Martz (aggressive), a little bit West Coast (passing to open up the run when needed), and a little bit Indy colts (QB making so many calls at the line, and the ability of the offense to take what the defense gives it). He has even coached a QB on his national championship team that was a scrambler, and installed plays for that."

An example of him adapting to his personnel was demonstrated this past season. His team lead the entire Division I-AA with 326 rushing yards per game.

Back
Top Bottom