| OT Happy Thanksgiving!

A short walk around the corner and I stop at a friends house. It's a cup of coffee, buttered biscuit morning.

He mentions his family are going to play a board game, Wheel of Fortune this year, and that's their 'holiday' tradition. He went on to talk about it's today and Christmas they set aside that time. I thought that was a pretty cool 'tradition.'

How long has it been since you've played a board game with a family member(s)? Even your better friends? :unsure:

happy-thanksgiving-2017-a.png

And a prayer for those not as blessed and are protecting our country and are away from home and their family..... May GOD bless you and a hearty thanks to you....one veteran to another...
and all should be thankful to be an American....and to live the life we are afforded..

I got to thinking about some past posts (re Auburn thread convo with Rickey) and I'm reminded of this ...

The post can be found over on TI. It's in forum classics, but I don't know if it's behind his paywall or not. Here's an excerpt.

After watching that game over and over again throughout the years, Benji practically had memorized everything on that VCR tape. I asked John Mark if he remembered what he said on television that Thanksgiving week and he said it again for Benji, “ROLL TIDE TURKEY!” We all laughed and I told John Mark it felt great to meet a superstar like him face to face. John Mark then asked Benji if he’d like to see his 1992 national championship ring. Benji’s eyes got really big when John Mark took off his ring and let him hold it for a closer look. I told John Mark he was as nice as his daddy and also told him Coach Stallings was the best daddy in the whole wide world. John Mark answered he already knew that.

Back
Top Bottom