| FTBL Habits/Superstitions Before, During and After AL A BAM A Football Games

alabama mike

Just Win Baby!
Is there something that you do before, during or after Alabama football games because its a habit or you are superstitious?

I always make a call to my 89 year old dad in Florence, Al. during halftime and we discuss the game and how to "fix" any problems we see. I would love to read about some of the things you currently do or have done.

I've never shaved on a game day, even going back to high school as a participant.

I don't rake leaves the day of the aubrun game. My Dad knew we had them covered - they hadn't moved the ball all day - and went outside to rake leaves. He missed a couple of blocked punts. My family doesn't rake leaves on Iron Bowl Saturdays.

RTR,

Tim

I used to always wear a Nike Alabama shirt under a practice jersey, we had never lost when I did that, until A&M. Then I switched to a superman shirt at halftime of the barn game and we won. That obviously didn't help the other night, so now I need to find a new ritual!

I used to do all kinds of things and they would stop working after a while. This year we always did well when I only half watched the game, until the other night. So, in the end, I just need to break this silly garbage and get back to enjoying games instead of thinking I have anything to do with anything. Either that or stop watching at all.

We;ll I starter wearing a Bama shirt my wife got at a yard sale. I started wearing it something like 6-7 years ago. I can count Bama loses with this shirt. I did change it one time with a polo type shirt. It was doing good till Bama meet up will Clemson in California. that was the last time I have worn it during any season . But the shirt that I was wearing is on it last leg. It is falling apart. I about to ask for help in buying me a new Bama polo shirt. I may buy two.

Same bama cap and black t-shirt. Buddy comes and watches the game and parks at the same place. Knocks on the door and only I can open it. At halftime we both go out on the porch and start the clock for when we come back in. Oh and I have to go out of the door first and come back in first. If things are not working of course may have to change positions. As I am typing all of that I am hearing how crazy all of that sounds :). It certainly did not work Monday night for sure.

Same bama cap and black t-shirt. Buddy comes and watches the game and parks at the same place. Knocks on the door and only I can open it. At halftime we both go out on the porch and start the clock for when we come back in. Oh and I have to go out of the door first and come back in first. If things are not working of course may have to change positions. As I am typing all of that I am hearing how crazy all of that sounds :). It certainly did not work Monday night for sure.
Now is your chance to end some of that wild stuff. You’ve got some kind of routine! I’ve watched some of the NC games recently with the New York alumni group, the DC alumni group, a small group of alum in Minneapolis, 2 with the Charlotte alumni groups, and went to the Notre Dame and LSU games. Watched the last 2 sitting at home in the living room with the kids. So no routines for me.

Now is your chance to end some of that wild stuff. You’ve got some kind of routine! I’ve watched some of the NC games recently with the New York alumni group, the DC alumni group, a small group of alum in Minneapolis, 2 with the Charlotte alumni groups, and went to the Notre Dame and LSU games. Watched the last 2 sitting at home in the living room with the kids. So no routines for me.
Yeah we know it has no effect on the game just silly stuff for sure.

Oh hell! Deep down we know the rituals don’t work but it is hard to break the cycle. I always sit in the same spot on the couch to start the game, then I move around if we play poorly. Info from left side of couch to middle, to right, to overstuffed chair, to standing behind the couch to standing in the kitchen to sitting on the counter. If it gets that bad, there is almost no hope 🤷🏻‍♂️

The barn game this year I got frustrated and walked out of the living room to the bedroom with 2 minutes left. My son texted me a simple “wow” and I walked back in to see we had tied the game. Of course, I didn’t watch a second of overtime because I wasn’t watching when we tied it up. Damn superstitions. Lol

I gave up on all of that a couple years ago. It doesn't make a difference at all. I'm usually too tired to go through any routine anymore. With my kids getting a hair older I'm just happy to get the house in order by time we kick off. To my wife's credit she is always asking what I want to eat or cook for the game, so that's nice.

Oh hell! Deep down we know the rituals don’t work but it is hard to break the cycle. I always sit in the same spot on the couch to start the game, then I move around if we play poorly. Info from left side of couch to middle, to right, to overstuffed chair, to standing behind the couch to standing in the kitchen to sitting on the counter. If it gets that bad, there is almost no hope 🤷🏻‍♂️

The barn game this year I got frustrated and walked out of the living room to the bedroom with 2 minutes left. My son texted me a simple “wow” and I walked back in to see we had tied the game. Of course, I didn’t watch a second of overtime because I wasn’t watching when we tied it up. Damn superstitions. Lol
We do not want to feel helpless yet we are :). I am pretty sure some of my coaching from the coach and getting on the referees through the TV really does work lol.

You Guys are awesome......
So many things ..... you do...or ...dont do....

I watch tv games ...at home...on my tv....not superstitious....just where i am happy!

Since Nick came to bama....when i go to game...home or away game....i have worn same hat at every game......

When nick retires....so will this hat retire...But 15 years...5 dollars at a flea market...
Tim spotted me at miami game this year because of hat... @It Takes Eleven

Roll Tide

EA1B2C90-4065-4F38-AD3D-B8E54AA69209.png

You Guys are awesome......
So many things ..... you do...or ...dont do....

I watch tv games ...at home...on my tv....not superstitious....just where i am happy!

Since Nick came to bama....when i go to game...home or away game....i have worn same hat at every game......

When nick retires....so will this hat retire...But 15 years...5 dollars at a flea market...
Tim spotted me at miami game this year because of hat... @It Takes Eleven

Roll Tide

View attachment 20187
It was the glint of the aluminum Bud Light bottle that caught my eye, @50+yeartidefan ...

I cover my eyes for every field goal and extra point kicked by Bama since 2012. The only exceptions proved costly .. one was the kick six to tie the game and one was the Paponasty 30 yard kick at the end of regulation to win the Natty and he shanked it.

Since then everyone who knows me including my kids announce when there is a kick a be sure that I cover my eyes..

I cover my eyes for every field goal and extra point kicked by Bama since 2012. The only exceptions proved costly .. one was the kick six to tie the game and one was the Paponasty 30 yard kick at the end of regulation to win the Natty and he shanked it.

Since then everyone who knows me including my kids announce when there is a kick a be sure that I cover my eyes..
And one blocked vs uga. Just when you think you can go back outside again.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom