| BSB/SB đźĄŽ Grounds crew wins Nation's top award for Rhoads ... and a thought about something I think they should add.

TerryP

Staff
I think the idea first hit when I saw Timmy on TV, outside the left field fence at Rhoads. I know at the time the Right Field Ragers™ were really hitting their stride.

Why don't they have a seating area, like the one outside The Joe, outside of the left field fence at Rhodes? The only drawback I can see is taking away some of the home dugout crowd. On the other hand, two entrances to the Brickyard with seating all around?

It was just one of those thoughts, "that'd be nice."

Pitek jumped in the other day on the same thought about adding seating even tagging Byrne with her idea. Her voice does carry a little weight around those parts. At the least she's put ideas out their for a few of the decision makers.

I had no idea there were awards that went to the crew of the year: makes sense considering how much of a community that has become.

Does how well they pack the dirt in front of the plate serve as ... bonus points? 🤷‍♂️

I think the idea first hit when I saw Timmy on TV,
And now I realize a lot may be asking, "who is Timmy?"

Hailey Mac > Timmy

-92eefa418e85a45d.JPG

I think the idea first hit when I saw Timmy on TV, outside the left field fence at Rhoads. I know at the time the Right Field Ragers™ were really hitting their stride.

Why don't they have a seating area, like the one outside The Joe, outside of the left field fence at Rhodes? The only drawback I can see is taking away some of the home dugout crowd. On the other hand, two entrances to the Brickyard with seating all around?

It was just one of those thoughts, "that'd be nice."

We touched on this last summer... I'd love to see it. There's obviously a seating demand for it and it wouldn't take a ton of money. They've expanded the Brickyard about as much as they can, and it still gets packed with folks for the weekend games. The problem with it to me is, a good portion of the Brickyard has really poor sight lines too, so you have to get there really early if you care about that. The positive side is they have TV's you can view the action on behind the fence... but I'd rather not go to the game and still have to watch on TV. It's a nice problem to have though in terms of where the program is and the level of commitment from the fans...

Back
Top Bottom