| FTBL Grading the Bama Offensive Play Calling (Poll)

What grade would you give Bama for playcalling against Arky?

• D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

• A

• B

• Total voters
i can't really complain about the playcalling all day ... until our second to last drive of regulation (that set up the field goal attempt) and first OT possession. because we deviated entirely in those two possessions from how we played the entire day i can't really respond to the survey. certainly i'd grade us as an "F" in those two possessions, but again mostly that's due to playcalling and not execution. the rest of the game i'd grade a "B".

Will there be any changes/improvement. Don't bet on it. We'll continue to move on week to week with the current philosophy. After next week, the Tide will be 3-2. We'll probably win a couple of game since they're non conf and weak teams. I guess we'll win. Then we're back to 5-2 and it's back to the SEC conf. Can we hold off Ole Miss and Miss St? Can the Tide win 6 games? Let's face it, we were UGLY and PATHETIC. Worst Bama game I've seen.

Shula needs to step up and make some changes. Not sure where, but changes are needed.

bamaisone said:
Will there be any changes/improvement. Don't bet on it. We'll continue to move on week to week with the current philosophy. After next week, the Tide will be 3-2. We'll probably win a couple of game since they're non conf and weak teams. I guess we'll win. Then we're back to 5-2 and it's back to the SEC conf. Can we hold off Ole Miss and Miss St? Can the Tide win 6 games? Let's face it, we were UGLY and PATHETIC. Worst Bama game I've seen.

Shula needs to step up and make some changes. Not sure where, but changes are needed.
How about 1st off we change your age?

Atlanta_Tider said:
bamaisone said:

Atlanta Tider. I really appreciate you sticking up for us in the worst condition. you are a great fan. We lost in a game that we should have won in many situations. You can not blame fans for being upset IMHO. The Arky fans are upset with Nutt. He beat our A$$

HiTide said:
Up to the middle of the 4th quarter - B

Last 4 minutes - Freakin' F

Heres a thought before you go bad mouthing or staff... Maybe CMS was trying to burn all the time he could off the clock since we were moving the ball and were setting up for a FG. Let me see arky had thrown 2 picks before that series and we knew we could stop them from driving into FG range so why not burn all the time we could and set up for what should of been the game winning FG// HMMMMMMMM... nope by some of you guys post you would think we took the ball and kneeled and tried a 85 yard FG. Good grief were is the logic in some of these post and for once can we lose with class and stop all the blaming and name calling??

Overall I don't think that the play calling was not too bad, when the game really counted at the end, playing for a field goal would have been good if the kick went in. I thought that JPW had a very good game with the exception of the fumble. I think in the first OT instead of running 3 running plays in a row there should have been at least one play action play since JPW had a hot hand in throwing the ball.

bamafan850 said:
Atlanta_Tider said:
bamaisone said:

Atlanta Tider. I really appreciate you sticking up for us in the worst condition. you are a great fan. We lost in a game that we should have won in many situations. You can not blame fans for being upset IMHO. The Arky fans are upset with Nutt. He beat our A$$
I'm not upset, I just take losses differently than most. I have my moments of playing coach while watching but I always think, you know I can do nothing to change the situation, but I can support these 18-23 y/o players who are playing a game and getting an education. I have never been a coach basher in my life for reasons left unsaid, although I hated my HS coach with a passion.

W8LIFTR said:
HiTide said:
Up to the middle of the 4th quarter - B

Last 4 minutes - Freakin' F

Heres a thought before you go bad mouthing or staff... Maybe CMS was trying to burn all the time he could off the clock since we were moving the ball and were setting up for a FG. Let me see arky had thrown 2 picks before that series and we knew we could stop them from driving into FG range so why not burn all the time we could and set up for what should of been the game winning FG// HMMMMMMMM... nope by some of you guys post you would think we took the ball and kneeled and tried a 85 yard FG. Good grief were is the logic in some of these post and for once can we lose with class and stop all the blaming and name calling??

It's really very simple my friend. In the clutch, who do you go with?

A. JPW, Brown, & Hall

B. Freshman field goal kicker.

Playcalling is not a problem. The offensive line play was downright pathetic. They can't run the ball on anybody. Could the playcalling be better?...sure, but that's not the reason they lost.

Back
Top Bottom