| FTBL Good article of 'BAMA vs Hogs history...

briantenator

Registered
I like how the writer likes to make sure he doesn't give Alabama TOO much credit. ("doesent quite have the national attention" and "No one thinks that the winner of this game is in the driver’s seat for the SEC Western Division championship".) These people really piss me off sometimes.
 
G

Guest

Thanks for the link Gecko. I was saying this same thing as the author in a post just the other day, but I didn't have all of those stats to back it up.
 
G

Guest

briantenator said:
I like how the writer likes to make sure he doesn't give Alabama TOO much credit. ("doesent quite have the national attention" and "No one thinks that the winner of this game is in the driver’s seat for the SEC Western Division championship".) These people really piss me off sometimes.

Just let you know, the writer is Kirk McNair, one of the biggest Bama Homers in the media. He owns and operates BamaMag. And at one time was the media relations director for the AD.
 

briantenator

Registered
Bama Bo said:
briantenator said:
I like how the writer likes to make sure he doesn't give Alabama TOO much credit. ("doesent quite have the national attention" and "No one thinks that the winner of this game is in the driver’s seat for the SEC Western Division championship".) These people really piss me off sometimes.

Just let you know, the writer is Kirk McNair, one of the biggest Bama Homers in the media. He owns and operates BamaMag. And at one time was the media relations director for the AD.

Doesen't seem that way in the article, surely you can see that. If I we're writing it there is no way I would have made those two statements. It obviously does have national attention, because it's on ESPN, and the winner of this game very well could take the west. That's just my opinion though.
 

Crimson&WhiteGecko

Thread Starter
Century Club
briantenator said:
I like how the writer likes to make sure he doesn't give Alabama TOO much credit. ("doesent quite have the national attention" and "No one thinks that the winner of this game is in the driver’s seat for the SEC Western Division championship".) These people really piss me off sometimes.

I can appreciate how others feel about us. Being realistic we haven't done too much to take any attention away from LSU. Now, I'm not too sure how good they are considering the rest of the competition. Just because they destroyed VT doesn't mean we crown them anything yet b/c VT could be another Michigan, after all they didn't look to good against their first team.

Anyway, the gist of what I got from him is that most don't consider us really having a chance in the SEC West just b/c of LSU. We could go 9-3 but if LSU is whooping everybody (including 'BAMA) then I'd agree we didn't have much of a chance... :?
 

briantenator

Registered
Crimson&WhiteGecko said:
briantenator said:
I like how the writer likes to make sure he doesn't give Alabama TOO much credit. ("doesent quite have the national attention" and "No one thinks that the winner of this game is in the driver’s seat for the SEC Western Division championship".) These people really piss me off sometimes.

I can appreciate how others feel about us. Being realistic we haven't done too much to take any attention away from LSU. Now, I'm not too sure how good they are considering the rest of the competition. Just because they destroyed VT doesn't mean we crown them anything yet b/c VT could be another Michigan, after all they didn't look to good against their first team.

Anyway, the gist of what I got from him is that most don't consider us really having a chance in the SEC West just b/c of LSU. We could go 9-3 but if LSU is whooping everybody (including 'BAMA) then I'd agree we didn't have much of a chance... :?

Well, right now I feel like if we win this game this week, we have a REALLY good chance of going undefeated all the way to LSU. Georgia is overrated, Florida State is a joke, we have Houston and Ole Miss to get things together for Tennessee. If we come in there undefeated, at home against LSU, then I see upset aka Atlanta.
 

Swamptick

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
briantenator said:
Crimson&WhiteGecko said:
briantenator said:
I like how the writer likes to make sure he doesn't give Alabama TOO much credit. ("doesent quite have the national attention" and "No one thinks that the winner of this game is in the driver’s seat for the SEC Western Division championship".) These people really piss me off sometimes.

I can appreciate how others feel about us. Being realistic we haven't done too much to take any attention away from LSU. Now, I'm not too sure how good they are considering the rest of the competition. Just because they destroyed VT doesn't mean we crown them anything yet b/c VT could be another Michigan, after all they didn't look to good against their first team.

Anyway, the gist of what I got from him is that most don't consider us really having a chance in the SEC West just b/c of LSU. We could go 9-3 but if LSU is whooping everybody (including 'BAMA) then I'd agree we didn't have much of a chance... :?

Well, right now I feel like if we win this game this week, we have a REALLY good chance of going undefeated all the way to LSU. Georgia is overrated, Florida State is a joke, we have Houston and Ole Miss to get things together for Tennessee. If we come in there undefeated, at home against LSU, then I see upset aka Atlanta.

I respect your opinion and CERTAINLY hope that you are correct but there are too many "if's" in that scenario. I think we loose badly to LSU regardless of what our record going in is. We just don't have the depth on defense and unless the O starts getting things done in the air we could have a long season against our big rivals.
 

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
Bama Bo said:
briantenator said:
I like how the writer likes to make sure he doesn't give Alabama TOO much credit. ("doesent quite have the national attention" and "No one thinks that the winner of this game is in the driver’s seat for the SEC Western Division championship".) These people really piss me off sometimes.

Just let you know, the writer is Kirk McNair, one of the biggest Bama Homers in the media. He owns and operates BamaMag. And at one time was the media relations director for the AD.

FWIW Bo, McNair sold his magazine a few years ago. His job is really the Operator of Bamamag.com since it's owned by the Scout network.

The last time I saw Kirk was a few years ago here in Charleston. We sat and shared a couple of stogies and a few drinks while discussing the Tide. While his writing does have a positive Alabama slant, you don't get the full picture of him until you can discuss things privately. I've never joined the private forum over on Bamamag, so I don't know what his tone is over there.

As to the article...

The stats are interesting, but I still find myself thinking it's more about who is on the sidelines that what ends up being on the scoreboard. The two exceptions are '99 and '05. However, those were two teams that we led more by Sr. leadership than who was on the sidelines.

At least, that's how I see it. If we lose Saturday, but still have a good season, I think that theory will be proven true. Of course, there isn't an iota of me that wants to see if the theory is correct.
 
G

Guest

TerryP said:
FWIW Bo, McNair sold his magazine a few years ago. His job is really the Operator of Bamamag.com since it's owned by the Scout network.

Thanks Terry. I didn't know he had sold the magazine.
 
G

Guest

this game will truly be a litmus test for us. If we can hold their backfield down, we'll be able to handle anyone else's running game. I predict a win and a good season (by any measure) for the Tide.
 

musso

Verified Member
Century Club
Swamptick said:
briantenator said:
Crimson&WhiteGecko said:
briantenator said:
I like how the writer likes to make sure he doesn't give Alabama TOO much credit. ("doesent quite have the national attention" and "No one thinks that the winner of this game is in the driver’s seat for the SEC Western Division championship".) These people really piss me off sometimes.

I can appreciate how others feel about us. Being realistic we haven't done too much to take any attention away from LSU. Now, I'm not too sure how good they are considering the rest of the competition. Just because they destroyed VT doesn't mean we crown them anything yet b/c VT could be another Michigan, after all they didn't look to good against their first team.

Anyway, the gist of what I got from him is that most don't consider us really having a chance in the SEC West just b/c of LSU. We could go 9-3 but if LSU is whooping everybody (including 'BAMA) then I'd agree we didn't have much of a chance... :?

Well, right now I feel like if we win this game this week, we have a REALLY good chance of going undefeated all the way to LSU. Georgia is overrated, Florida State is a joke, we have Houston and Ole Miss to get things together for Tennessee. If we come in there undefeated, at home against LSU, then I see upset aka Atlanta.

I respect your opinion and CERTAINLY hope that you are correct but there are too many "if's" in that scenario. I think we loose badly to LSU regardless of what our record going in is. We just don't have the depth on defense and unless the O starts getting things done in the air we could have a long season against our big rivals.

ditto
 
Top Bottom