| FTBL Fran tells A&M to "hold the rope."

PointnLaugh

Verified Member
I especially like the quote by a "former Alabama player"...

http://www.fearlessfootball.com/

College Station, TX (FP): Texas A&M football coach Dennis Francione sees the future, and knows it isn't good.

The embattled coach comes into this season with a 25-22 record at A&M - not exactly the stuff of legends. With pit stops and TCU and Alabama, he and his wife longed for a glamorous future in College Station.

"Just hold the rope," said Francione when asked what he would tell A&M athletic director Bill Byrne on deciding his future.

Byrne, who didn't hire Fran, doesn't feel the same sort of loyalty, especially when dollars per win are so high. When Byrne was asked to comment, he was hesitant. "I guess the worst thing I could do is 'Pledge our support,"" said Byrne. "He better win some games."

A former Alabama player, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said "I think ya'll remember what happened when Coach Fran asked us to hold the rope."

A&M plays road games at Miami, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Missouri, and Oklahoma in 2007. A Texas A&M spokesman said Byrne was definitely holding a rope for Francione.

hangmans_noose.jpg

I don't know how to feel about this. I am upset with Fran for what he did to us...at the same time I hate to see a man lose his job. I will deffinately stay tuned to see how this comes out. I will not say that I want to see Fran do well this year....because I suppose there is a large part of me that wants him to fail.

Swamptick said:
I don't know how to feel about this. I am upset with Fran for what he did to us...at the same time I hate to see a man lose his job. I will deffinately stay tuned to see how this comes out. I will not say that I want to see Fran do well this year....because I suppose there is a large part of me that wants him to fail.

What goes around, comes around.

while that article is total BS, I do agree with the sentiment. the word I keep hearing is that Fran will not be fired until after the '08 season b/c that is what Byrne promised the boosters who brought Fran in, and who are paying for facilities expansions at A&M. Most Ags wanted him fired after last year. If he does not win 10 this year while beating tu, then I want him fired. He is just a stopgap. He has never been embraced by the fans.

Bones82 said:
Swamptick said:

What goes around, comes around.

karma at its best

I'm not sure as to how I feel about this, either. When Fran left, I was as mad as anyone, maybe more than most. I've enjoyed every single failure he's had. But, now, with all of the Saban hating going on from LSwho and the dolphins, I see how bad they look and make me wonder is it really that much fun watching him fail?

Of course, going from 'bama to A&M is like going from Park Avenue to Skid Row, so he wasn't exactly smart to make that change. Saban going from a Dolphins team that hasn't been any good since Marino's rookie year in 84 and from a team with about 40 years of heritage to come home to mama with over 100 years of heritage and 12 NC's, it obviously IS a better job. So maybe Fran's situation is different, and we should enjoy it? :?:

Bocephus said:
while that article is total BS, I do agree with the sentiment. the word I keep hearing is that Fran will not be fired until after the '08 season b/c that is what Byrne promised the boosters who brought Fran in, and who are paying for facilities expansions at A&M. Most Ags wanted him fired after last year. If he does not win 10 this year while beating tu, then I want him fired. He is just a stopgap. He has never been embraced by the fans.

wow so what you are saying is you want him fired. I just don't see a 10 win schedule for you guys. I could be wrong.

Swamptick said:
at the same time I hate to see a man lose his job.

never feel sorry for someone who lies to kids who are sacrificing their hearts and bodies at his request and encouragement and abandons them to make millions of dollars more elsewhere. never feel sorry for someone like that. i can't understand how anyone can feel one ounce of sympathy for Fran.

bear facts said:

Brilliant BF !! Nice pic indeed.
I don't wish bad things on many people but the way he left those young men standing alone like that is unexcusable. It's not that he left, it's how he left and what he did to the team. A no morals, sneaky, lieing, self gratifing snake. He will reap what he's sewn.
He'll find himself coaching a peewee league in
some small town holding that same damn piece of rope with everyone elses hand prints on it but his own.
JERK!

musso said:
Swamptick said:

never feel sorry for someone who lies to kids who are sacrificing their hearts and bodies at his request and encouragement and abandons them to make millions of dollars more elsewhere. never feel sorry for someone like that. i can't understand how anyone can feel one ounce of sympathy for Fran.

Amen.

musso said:
Swamptick said:

I did not say I felt sorry for him at all. Re-read my post. :)

kudzu said:
I don't wish bad things on many people but the way he left those young men standing alone like that is unexcusable. It's not that he left, it's how he left and what he did to the team. A no morals, sneaky, lieing, self gratifing snake. He will reap what he's sewn.
He'll find himself coaching a peewee league in
some small town holding that same damn piece of rope with everyone elses hand prints on it but his own.
JERK!

Amen, again.

Swamptick said:

I would love to see him get fired. This would be a great poll.

bamafan850 said:
Swamptick said:

Put it on up there 850! I agree lets see what the majority says :D

bamafan850 said:
Swamptick said:

(1) Fran will retire after this and (2) he'll be making enough money in retirement to own you. Don't feel to bad for him.

As far as his leaving BAMA goes, I'm over it. It was probably for the best anyway. I don't doubt for a minute that he left due to people at the UofA meddling in his koolaid. We have a long history of that type thing occurring here, so I can understand why Franchione wanted out. The way he went about it was inexcusable and unforgivable IMHO.

1. He preyed on those kids' love for the game and the school to better HIS situation. Not the school's situation. We all know now that he was negotiating a contract as far back as possibly the Oklahoma game that year. He had to keep winning so that he wouldn't get stuck in Alabama.

2. He's a con artist who's entire existance is nothing but a choriographed facade. Everything he says and does is a charade and he hires people like Mike McKenzie to perpetuate it and feed it.

3. He had just enough respect for his so-called "friend" R.C. Slocombe that he stabbed him in the back to get his job. Heaven forbid the man not like you because there would be no telling what he would be capable of doing to you then. He obviously has no conscience.

So all in all, I don't feel sorry for Franchione. What's happened to him was karma. I hope he loses 7 or 8 games this year, gets SH*t-canned and ESPN lambaists him nationally like they did when he left BAMA. The man deserves it IMHO.

We get Saban
We get top recruits
We have an amazing offense (just wait and see)
Fran is going to get fired.....

Add... we beat TN, LSU, and AUB later this year..and then I can die happy...

2007 rocks!

Back
Top Bottom