Forbidden...am I the only one getting this error message?

planomateo

I've been randomly getting this error for a few weeks now. wondering if i'm the only one.

I use google chrome.

are you guys seeing this is the apache error_log and access_log?

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/showthread.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.6 Server at rolltidebama.com Port 80

I use chrome too and I get it all the time. in fact I just got it trying to log in to respond to this lol. Its more than liekly an issue with chromes compatibility with the vb software. its annoying though thats for sure

so how I've experienced it, I can browse the main forum list page and click on a link to a page in say the houndstooth den, and I get that error. Sometimes it happens about 10 times in a row, sometimes like now it doesn't happen at all. It only happens very sporadically, I pretty much only use chrome for browsing, so when it occurs on this site, I just wait and check back later. Its more a nuisance than anything else. I'll say this, this is the only site I browse that I've seen this error on and I browse several vBulletin driven forums and have never had this issue.

I've looked on the net to see if I could found the condition in which this issue occurs, but didn't' find it when I looked initially, so was thinking the logs might give a pointer to the cause of the issue.

so how I've experienced it, I can browse the main forum list page and click on a link to a page in say the houndstooth den, and I get that error. Sometimes it happens about 10 times in a row, sometimes like now it doesn't happen at all. It only happens very sporadically, I pretty much only use chrome for browsing, so when it occurs on this site, I just wait and check back later. Its more a nuisance than anything else. I'll say this, this is the only site I browse that I've seen this error on and I browse several vBulletin driven forums and have never had this issue.

I've looked on the net to see if I could found the condition in which this issue occurs, but didn't' find it when I looked initially, so was thinking the logs might give a pointer to the cause of the issue.

thats how it happens for me too. this is the only site i frequent that it happens at.

I think it was a chrome and apache issue, probably around vbulletin and the rpm's needed to make it run. I never found the cause online, and I looked all over the place...oh well.

I stopped using firefox when chrome launched. way better browser. I like how each tab is isolated in memory/process - I usually have 10-20 tabs open and one crash doesn't kill the browser whereas firefox it will impact it all. Chrome uses more memory, but I have 8gb in my laptop ;)

Last edited:
i haven't experience the issue since the update either. chrome is better in every facet imo. when i switched to it i noticed an increased speed right away.

Back
Top Bottom