| LIFE Folks, I just ran into a CRAZY good deal. (Generators.)

TerryP

Staff
This is something I've been thinking about for several years. I've looked at them often, just never decided to pull the trigger. Until...

Backstory: I took an accelerated night class as Charleston Southern ... damn, I'd have to look but I can say it was 20-25 years ago. I met a girl in the class I got to know fairly decently. When I ventured into the bar business she was doing the same eventually opening up a brand new place. I've seen her from time to time throughout the years but always knew what she was doing in business (watching their ad expenses, etc.)

Sadly, as life progresses, she's having to put her father in a 24 hour care facility to she's selling things he's built up around the house.

Generator: Honda EU7000ISNAN 7000W 120/240V Inverter Generator w/ CO-MINDER and Bluetooth

Her dad bought it last July; it's never been used. It still has the original "packing" stuff attached, etc.

Brand new, today, that's a $4,499.00 generator. I'm getting it for $700.

This is something I've been thinking about for several years. I've looked at them often, just never decided to pull the trigger. Until...

Backstory: I took an accelerated night class as Charleston Southern ... damn, I'd have to look but I can say it was 20-25 years ago. I met a girl in the class I got to know fairly decently. When I ventured into the bar business she was doing the same eventually opening up a brand new place. I've seen her from time to time throughout the years but always knew what she was doing in business (watching their ad expenses, etc.)

Sadly, as life progresses, she's having to put her father in a 24 hour care facility to she's selling things he's built up around the house.

Generator: Honda EU7000ISNAN 7000W 120/240V Inverter Generator w/ CO-MINDER and Bluetooth

Her dad bought it last July; it's never been used. It still has the original "packing" stuff attached, etc.

Brand new, today, that's a $4,499.00 generator. I'm getting it for $700.

Yeah that’s a freakin deal!!!!
I’ve got a kohler on the house

Now I’ve got 2 champions and firman to run my equipment (fiber units, fiber trailers, fiber welders)

Would love to put a Honda on my equipment for the decibels, just can’t justify $5000 for that…..

Would love to put a Honda on my equipment for the decibels, just can’t justify $5000 for that…..
That's never been something that's been high on my priority list. I could put one on the deck, on the east side of the house, and with bedrooms etc. on the west side I wouldn't really hear it run.

I'll have to do some more research on this...but it looks like I could run this one in my mud room with no worries with the carbon monoxide detector.

At 7000W, there's a lot I could power if needed...all the way down to something like a central heating system. I'll have to find out how to wire that one up...
Nice, hard to go wrong with a Honda at any price.
This goes back to a thread from a few years ago about buying a mower. You may recall, my first Honda mower lasted for right at 22 years and it was still running when I gave it away. I'm on my second...so, two Honda's over more than 25 years now. I know the second one was on sale when I bought it. I remember it retailed for $750 or so. BUT, I won't buy another mower for how long?

When I had my lawn company in Memphis I had Honda motors powering the pumps for herbicide and pesticide application.

And here I could get into cars...

I found a Media cube dehumidifier at Ollie’s last month for 99.99 had a 30% off coupon on my phone.. I got it for around $70… saw the exact same dehumidifier at Home Depot the other day for $360… Ollie’s is the place to go if you want to spend your money quickly… you find just about everything there..

@TerryP you still thinking about it?? You should have said YES before she ask you if you wanted it!!
Oh, it's a done deal. It's just a matter of picking it up, now.

That's pretty much how it happened. She said she had one, it was at that price, I contacted her with one question, "how old is it?" At that point, it was a done deal.

There are a few things that have caught my eye. Some, I won't touch. $3500 for a '14 Honda Accord with 38K? 3K for this bad boy...which I WON'T be buying.

1722697019679.png

$700 for this...delivered, and assembled.

1722697170429.png

That would be great if it was here.
I'd love it here! But, I started thinking about the practicality and came up blank. I'd have to move a tree, or move some of my raised beds for gardening. I've got a deck on the east side of the house, shaded patio on the west side...don't really need another place to kick back and relax. I'm in the process of adding a third and fourth tier to the deck...prolly just cover one of those and get the same deal.

Oh, it's a done deal. It's just a matter of picking it up, now.

That's pretty much how it happened. She said she had one, it was at that price, I contacted her with one question, "how old is it?" At that point, it was a done deal.

There are a few things that have caught my eye. Some, I won't touch. $3500 for a '14 Honda Accord with 38K. 3K for this bad boy...which I WON'T be buying.

View attachment 28391

$700 for this...delivered, and assembled.

View attachment 28392
3k for that bike? If I was near SC I’d pick that up before I had breakfast

3k for that bike? If I was near SC I’d pick that up before I had breakfast
I can hook you up with her if you want to consider having it shipped. No clue what that would entail. 3.5K: typo on my part.

I have no aversion to riding a bike like that. I have a HUGE aversion to riding one in Charleston. If you can feel the wind going over one of the bridges in a car? Ain't no way I'm taking a bike.

I'm planning on building a pergola that sits on a concrete pad.
I watched a guy build one recently. He brought in heavy duty pallets, walled them off, and then filled them with concrete for his pad. I thought it was an interesting concept...already had his braces in place for the supporting 4X4's for the covering.

Back
Top Bottom