| FTBL Florida = Shameful

G

I would love to see Oklahoma jump Florida if they beat TT. Just to prove to Florida that if you abuse and terrorize 150 pound players, to the tune of 70 points, you will not necessarily gain anything from it.

The Citadel just couldn't stop UF. Tebow was out in the 2nd quarter, they ran one kickoff back for a TD. Had a guy score a TD that was playing in his 3rd game of the season. Other drives were set up by players like Rainey going 73 yards on one carry...Moody had some big running plays.

The Citadel had problems stopping guys that hadn't played a snap all year long...and, that's Meyer's fault? Let's not forget we are talking about a team that is 4-8 in the Southern Conference...with wins against teams like Princeton.

It's crazy. I think they pulled Tebow when they got to 49 points.

I suppose Meyer thought that The Citadel was going to stage a comeback until they almost got half a hundred.

TerryP said:
The Citadel just couldn't stop UF. Tebow was out in the 2nd quarter, they ran one kickoff back for a TD. Had a guy score a TD that was playing in his 3rd game of the season. Other drives were set up by players like Rainey going 73 yards on one carry...Moody had some big running plays.

The Citadel had problems stopping guys that hadn't played a snap all year long...and, that's Meyer's fault? Let's not forget we are talking about a team that is 4-8 in the Southern Conference...with wins against teams like Princeton.

How long were they firing shots into the endzone, Terry? I didn't see the game, but I can completely visualize Florida slinging for 6 from the 20 yard line while up by 50 with 2 minutes left.

CtrlAltieDel said:

I suppose Meyer thought that The Citadel was going to stage a comeback until they almost got half a hundred.

No, he was pulled after having played less than 5 minutes of the 2nd quarter. The score was 35-0 and they were already hitting their bench hard at that point.

TerryP said:

I agree, TP. I really didn't see this as Florida trying to run up the score, either. Honestly, it could have been worse.

CtrlAltieDel said:
TerryP said:

How long were they firing shots into the endzone, Terry? I didn't see the game, but I can completely visualize Florida slinging for 6 from the 20 yard line while up by 50 with 2 minutes left.

They weren't just tacking on points CAD. I watched in on 360 and it was just the Citadel is that bad. They dealt with a short field most of the game, but by no means were chunking it around like you saw Spurrier do.

TerryP said:
CtrlAltieDel said:
TerryP said:

They weren't just tacking on points CAD. I watched in on 360 and it was just the Citadel is that bad. They dealt with a short field most of the game, but by no means were chunking it around like you saw Spurrier do.

Okay, thanks Terry. I was just assuming too much, I suppose, based on some of Meyer's other escapades.

TerryP said:
CtrlAltieDel said:

No, he was pulled after having played less than 5 minutes of the 2nd quarter. The score was 35-0 and they were already hitting their bench hard at that point.

Well, that is good to hear anyway, good for The Citadel. I was just going by the box score on ESPN and they had 49 at the half. I thought they probably pulled Tebow at that point.

CtrlAltieDel said:
TerryP said:
CtrlAltieDel said:
TerryP said:

Okay, thanks Terry. I was just assuming too much, I suppose, based on some of Meyer's other escapades.

Yeah, Urban Legend has pissed off a couple of coaches this year with his shenanigans.

weezyfbaby00 said:
CtrlAltieDel said:
TerryP said:
CtrlAltieDel said:
TerryP said:

Yeah, Urban Legend has pissed off a couple of coaches this year with his shenanigans.

But, you have to admit, he's assembled a pretty stout football team loaded with weapons.

CtrlAltieDel said:
TerryP said:
CtrlAltieDel said:
TerryP said:

Meyer did tell the Citadel coach, through his son, they were going to hang 70 on them. But, you also have to understand Coach Higgin's son played for UF last year so it was more of a little joke than him being arrogant.

Meyer is pretty good friends with Coach Higgins and has always talked highly about the Citadel program.

This is true, Reger. I personally don't see anything wrong with it if you don't have your first team in with the game clearly out of reach. But you can usually tell when a team is just playing the game and scoring, opposed to running up the score. I don't like Meyer, so I'm not giving him the benifit of the doubt. :D

weezyfbaby00 said:
This is true, Reger. I personally don't see anything wrong with it if you don't have your first team in with the game clearly out of reach. But you can usually tell when a team is just playing the game and scoring, opposed to running up the score. I don't like Meyer, so I'm not giving him the benifit of the doubt. :D

I dunno, if you have the big lead in the third quarter and have the second string in, what do you do? Go to the section of the playbook entitled, "Crap That Can't Possibly Work"?

(By the way, Mike Shula's jumbo set can be found there.) :D

reger60 said:
weezyfbaby00 said:

I dunno, if you have the big lead in the third quarter and have the second string in, what do you do? Go to the section of the playbook entitled, "Crap That Can't Possibly Work"?

(By the way, Mike Shula's jumbo set can be found there.) :D
If second string is in, everything is a go, IMO. It's different with Florida, I guess, because some of the freaks on the offense can score on any given play.

Back
Top Bottom