Favorite bands and Music interest

bamaraider

Verified Member
Big fan of Creedence Clear Water Revival, love the Beatles and when Paul Mcartney was with the Eagles.

Wanted to get a taste of your musical interest and what your favorite bands are.

Few of my favorite bands:

Nirvana
Queen
Tool
Coldplay
Beatles
Big-n-Rich
Keith Urban
and of course the Million Dollar Band.

I grew up on country and still enjoy it from time to time but mainly I tend to rock.

The Violet Burning
U2
Alice Cooper
Stryper
HB (finnish group)
Creed
Novella
Deliverance
Sacred Warrior
One Bad Pig

I have a wide ranging musical interest that ebbs and flows, but standards for me are classic rock, country, blues and fifties through seventies pop, and sixties through early eighties funk. Not much of a rap fan since Grand Master Flash and the Furious Five.

If I had to pick one band to listen to, it would be The Band.

RTR,

Tim

Big fan of Creedence Clear Water Revival, love the Beatles and when Paul Mcartney was with the Eagles.

Wanted to get a taste of your musical interest and what your favorite bands are.

Few of my favorite bands:

Nirvana
Queen
Tool
Coldplay
Beatles
Big-n-Rich
Keith Urban
and of course the Million Dollar Band.

Never knew McCartney was in the Eagles, I do however know he had his own band called Paul McCartney and Wings.

I love Outlaw Country, same as Doe's list, I love Hard Rock also.

A few...

Led Zeppelin
Van Halen
Rush
Metallica
Pantera
Black Crowes
AC/DC

I like Bluegrass, Folk, Blues, Jazz, and Celtic stuff also.

Been Listening to Munford and Sons here Lately.

Love Music in general.

Never knew McCartney was in the Eagles, I do however know he had his own band called Paul McCartney and Wings.

I love Outlaw Country, same as Doe's list, I love Hard Rock also.

A few...

Led Zeppelin
Van Halen
Rush
Metallica
Pantera
Black Crowes
AC/DC

I like Bluegrass, Folk, Blues, Jazz, and Celtic stuff also.

Been Listening to Munford and Sons here Lately.

Love Music in general.

You know, I typed eagles but my brain said wings..Derp..My bad

BTW, Rush is effen beast

Big Motley Crue fan here...Iron Maiden, Metallica, Van Halen, AC/DC take up alot of Ipod space too

most of the big names from 70's classic rock

bits and pieces of about a 100 other bands, I do like a good song regardless of the performer/genre.

been getting into a blues singer named Walter Trout lately,
[video=youtube;OGzVe7HBsD4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGzVe7HBsD4[/video]

and like a biker band called Blackberry Smoke too....
[video=youtube;SQ9lE7uSbDU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ9lE7uSbDU[/video]

Last edited:
Love Classic Rock and have been listening to some of the newer / younger stuff like Mumford and Sons, The Civil Wars, Gotye (sp?) John Mayer, David Gray, and etc.

Favorite bands would be the Beatles and Pink Floyd.

Love Classic Rock and have been listening to some of the newer / younger stuff like Mumford and Sons, The Civil Wars, Gotye (sp?) John Mayer, David Gray, and etc.

Favorite bands would be the Beatles and Pink Floyd.

With Muscle Shoals just up the road from you, have you ever heard the Valley Roots? Local group of kids, and the lead female singer has some pipes.

RTR,

Tim

My favorite genre is classic rock, I grew up on the Band, Neil Young, CSNY/CSN, the Beatles, Led Zep, Pink Floyd (I don't like their stuff post-1977 though), etc.

But I am also really into alt-rock, indie rock, folk rock, alt-country, etc. I really like Radiohead, the National, Fleet Foxes, Ryan Adams, the Tallest Man on Earth, yadda yadda.

I also have a few Deadheads in my family (minus the drugs and hippie lifestyle), so I really like the Grateful Dead, the Dead, Bob Weir, Phil Lesh, Ratdog, and Furthur.

My all-time favorite musician/band, however, is Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band :bluebiggrin:

But honestly, I will give anything a listen. My itunes music collection is pretty vast and all-encompassing, from 1920s jazz, to Connie Francis, to Patsy Cline, to Black Sabbath, to Rammstein, to Immortal Technique, to Kanye West lol. I love listening to new music/musicians so hit me up with any recommendations!

Last edited:
Big Motley Crue fan here...Iron Maiden, Metallica, Van Halen, AC/DC take up alot of Ipod space too

most of the big names from 70's classic rock

bits and pieces of about a 100 other bands, I do like a good song regardless of the performer/genre.

been getting into a blues singer named Walter Trout lately,
[video=youtube;OGzVe7HBsD4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGzVe7HBsD4[/video]

and like a biker band called Blackberry Smoke too....
[video=youtube;SQ9lE7uSbDU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ9lE7uSbDU[/video]
That Blackberry Smoke band sounds good bro!

It Takes Eleven said:
With Muscle Shoals just up the road from you, have you ever heard the Valley Roots? Local group of kids, and the lead female singer has some pipes.

RTR,

Tim

No but I'll see if I can catch them somewhere. Thanks for the recommendation.

Wayne

My son is currently up in Florence and had played casually with these guys and they ended up using him in a recording session. I knew he was going to play locally with them on 2/23 and 3/8 (with Doc Daley) at Pegasus or The End, but now he's going to play with them at South by Southwest in Austin. In Austin, I think they'll be a warm-up group for the Alabama Shakes. He's excited, to say the least.

RTR,

Tim

My son is currently up in Florence and had played casually with these guys and they ended up using him in a recording session. I knew he was going to play locally with them on 2/23 and 3/8 (with Doc Daley) at Pegasus or The End, but now he's going to play with them at South by Southwest in Austin. In Austin, I think they'll be a warm-up group for the Alabama Shakes. He's excited, to say the least.

RTR,

Tim

That's great. I saw where the Alabama Shakes are going to be on Austin City Limits the last weekend of the month. Nope, check that locally for the Huntsville stations it will be this weekend, the 16th.

RTR

Wayne

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom