| FTBL Experiences with UGA fans......before THE game.

bamafan4ever

Staff
Today being the 1st day back in the office, UGA fans are hanging their hat on the stat that in previous games where the opponents had played twice, the team that lost eventually won the rematch for the national championship. I keep getting, "rematch" mentioned to me out of the blue.

Of course, I then define the meaning of "insanity" and they get upset with me.

Curious to hear your interactions as I am assuming things will start getting "interesting" as the days go on.

Today being the 1st day back in the office, UGA fans are hanging their hat on the stat that in previous games where the opponents had played twice, the team that lost eventually won the rematch for the national championship. I keep getting, "rematch" mentioned to me out of the blue.
What games are they referring to there?

Of course, I then define the meaning of "insanity" and they get upset with me.

Curious to hear your interactions as I am assuming things will start getting "interesting" as the days go on.

If it was a nail biter turned on a fluke or officiating call...ok
Dominated for 3 quarters....i would lay low if a uga fan

Not around many Georgia fans. Only two I can think of and only one of those really follows football. He is not running his mouth he is saying Bama needs to share and stop being so greedy :).

Now all other fanbases are quietly rooting for Georgia because they are pathetic and hate all things Bama.

Ironically, BAMA/LSU......Florida/Florida St and one more (that escapes me at the moment)
Like Bama and LSU's first meeting that season, Florida's game with FSU should have been a Florida win. Your general statistical measurements (1st downs, total yards, possessions, return yards, etc.) favor Florida just like it did Alabama. It was one of those "stats didn't tell the whole story." Can Georgia say the same?

Looking back, what's crazy about that Florida win revolved around Spurrier complaining about officiating and the abuse his quarterback took during the game. The Sugar was called much differently.

Like Bama and LSU's first meeting that season, Florida's game with FSU should have been a Florida win. Your general statistical measurements (1st downs, total yards, possessions, return yards, etc.) favor Florida just like it did Alabama. It was one of those "stats didn't tell the whole story." Can Georgia say the same?

Looking back, what's crazy about that Florida win revolved around Spurrier complaining about officiating and the abuse his quarterback took during the game. The Sugar was called much differently.
Forgot that.....lots of sands through the hourglass since then

Most are eerily quiet to me. My family usually has something to say, but even they have been tight lipped. My dad, big Dawg fan, has since taken the "well we gotta show we can beat y'all, ya'll are the Champs until we finally beat y'all". Nobody at my office has said a word. My boss, big Georgia fan, she went there, daughter goes there, season ticket holders, says she doesn't think Georgia will ever beat Alabama while Saban is there as it's a mental thing with them. She also says Saban sold his soul yadda yadda. But mostly been crickets over here near Athens.

Most are eerily quiet to me. My family usually has something to say, but even they have been tight lipped. My dad, big Dawg fan, has since taken the "well we gotta show we can beat y'all, ya'll are the Champs until we finally beat y'all". Nobody at my office has said a word. My boss, big Georgia fan, she went there, daughter goes there, season ticket holders, says she doesn't think Georgia will ever beat Alabama while Saban is there as it's a mental thing with them. She also says Saban sold his soul yadda yadda. But mostly been crickets over here near Athens.
Is your daughter getting hassled again? I would think they would have learned their lesson and the adults should have known better anyway.

Very good points and context that I had forgotten. I for sure remember the first LSU/Bama game because I was there. We missed something like 4 field goals otherwise Bama wins that game.

I was born and raised in Georgia. Don't know who is going to win the game but I know that Georgia just doesn't have the passion for winning the NCG. They just want to have a winner in any sport. Falcons, Hawks, Bulldogs, Soap box racer, Ga Tech or any thing they think would be winning. All of my 33 first cousins have not said a word about loosing the SECCG. When we beat them again they will just complain about Kirby or if they win they will complain about how many years its been.

I was born and raised in Georgia. Don't know who is going to win the game but I know that Georgia just doesn't have the passion for winning the NCG. They just want to have a winner in any sport. Falcons, Hawks, Bulldogs, Soap box racer, Ga Tech or any thing they think would be winning. All my 33 first cousins have not said a word about loosing the SECCG. When we beat them again they will just complain about Kirby or if they win they will complain about how many years its been.
That is conditioned from years of disappointments across multiple generations of fans. This helplessness permeates the culture of most football programs.

That is the thing that stuck out to me most about that game. Wurrffel took a beating in the season finale and then a “roughing call” was made whenever F$U got within 3-4 steps of him in NOLA.

Back
Top Bottom