| FTBL Everyone gets replaced for inconsistency, except . . .

aMAZEnFan

Verified Member
John Parker Wilson!!!

I wonder why?

I notice that the moment another guy misses a block, misses a tackle, fumbles, gets a bone-head penalty, he is immediately yanked and then replaced by someone else.

Why won't we try another signal caller just to see if he can effectively move the ball? The O-Line can only hold their blocks for so long.

Overthrown passes are not the O-Line's fault. The accuracy of the QB is crucial. The backups can't be that bad, can they?

aMAZEnFan said:
John Parker Wilson!!!

I wonder why?

I notice that the moment another guy misses a block, misses a tackle, fumbles, gets a bone-head penalty, he is immediately yanked and then replaced by someone else.

Why won't we try another signal caller just to see if he can effectively move the ball? The O-Line can only hold their blocks for so long.

Overthrown passes are not the O-Line's fault. The accuracy of the QB is crucial. The backups can't be that bad, can they?

I agree 100% when JPW is on he's great, but when he's off he's really bad. I mean if we can't get the ball in the hands of play makers then what's the point in haveing a 6'4 Wideout?

"Airball" Wilson got hit and never could recover from being rattled. Plus, we should have slowed down the blitz, by running some screens and draws. Pop a little bail break to Julio and see what happens if there going to blitz.

The fact that there were like 6 dropped passes, including one by God- I mean Julio, and that he had zero time is irrelevant I suppose?

TerryP said:
Geez.

Zero INT's. Zero turnovers on JP, a patch work offensive line, receivers not getting open, running backs missing blocks...

That's what I was thinking. He was getting hit in the mouth all day. He made a couple of plays with his feet, or he would have been hit even more. So much is made of his psyche, putting him on the bench is not going to help that.

aMAZEnFan said:
Overthrown passes are not the O-Line's fault. The accuracy of the QB is crucial.

Oh I don't know, maybe a quarterback who is praying he doesn't get creamed might throw the ball with a little bit less accuracy. Anyone remember Brodie? The biggest concern was not the OL, but the RB's picking up the outside pressure. Tulane had blitzing defenders consistently getting into the backfield untouched.

RussB said:
The fact that there were like 6 dropped passes, including one by God- I mean Julio, and that he had zero time is irrelevant I suppose?

Yes. Those things don't mean anything. Isn't it obvious to you that Nick Saban is purposely sabotaging this season by making Greg McElroy ride the bench? Jesulio is the way, the truth, and the life. If you can't get the ball in his hands, you should ride the bench! :roll:

:arrow:
Last year, as I sat in JH waiting for the Iron Bowl to start, I watched McElroy drop 4 snaps during warmups. :shock: Needless to say, I wasn't very impressed.

if you can not run the football, which alabama could have if they called a run play more on first down, then the defense is just gonna load up and get after john parker which they did and it showed, the running game should be used to open up the pass w/ this kind of offense not the other way around, RUN THE BALL JIM MCELWAIN

Yes, he was not very consistant but I am glad Coach Saban did not pull him. JPW has head case issues from time to time (not trying to knock him) so if he were pulled I don't think it would have helped his game in the long run. He is our best chance at QB for this season and he has to build his confidence or we are screwed down the road.

TerryP said:
Geez.

Zero INT's. Zero turnovers on JP, a patch work offensive line, receivers not getting open, running backs missing blocks...

True TP, but don't forget 0 passing TD's as well, and going 11-23 for 73yds and a 47.8% going 3-11 on 3rd downs is everyone else fault? It's funny to me how the team plays terrible and points the blame at everyone else. Yet, last week all the JPW fan club was on the band wagon. :lol:

They all sucked and if one guy being out of the starting line up on the O line is patch work. Then we have a long season a head of us, it was just a lack of effort on everyone's part on the offensive side the ball. Which some could see as a lack of leadership?

Thankfully, our special teams came to play and our defense. Other then that the offensive players should have stayed after the game and ran sprints!

Fact of the matter it was an ugly win and we should be happy to have it. No matter what!

JPW's play in the Clemson game and his game management proved he is the man for the job this season. Despite some bad passes and weak parts of his line he kept his cool pretty well.

RTR

It's been noted before, but there has to be a GOOD REASON why our coach (who's being paid $4 mil/ yr) has not pulled JP.

This is what it comes down to: Either you think Saban knows what he's doing OR you don't think Saban knows what he's doing. Personally, I lean towards him knowing more than I do. Too bad more (or a good % of) folks think otherwise.

HiTide said:
It's been noted before, but there has to be a GOOD REASON why our coach (who's being paid $4 mil/ yr) has not pulled JP.

This is what it comes down to: Either you think Saban knows what he's doing OR you don't think Saban knows what he's doing. Personally, I lean towards him knowing more than I do. Too bad more (or a good % of) folks think otherwise.

No, No, No wrong! We're fans we can ask any questions we want. That's what makes it fun! It's not about how much money CNS gets, paid. What it is about is our team to be the best, and as a fan I, we will always have questions no matter what. To follow with out question is for religion not football!

Just wait till next week and see if there not a new band wagon to jump. I promise there will be! Lol

Optimus said:
TerryP said:
Geez.

True TP, but don't forget 0 passing TD's as well, and going 11-23 for 73yds and a 47.8% going 3-11 on 3rd downs is everyone else fault? It's funny to me how the team plays terrible and points the blame at everyone else. Yet, last week all the JPW fan club was on the band wagon. :lol:

They all sucked and if one guy being out of the starting line up on the O line is patch work. Then we have a long season a head of us, it was just a lack of effort on everyone's part on the offensive side the ball. Which some could see as a lack of leadership?

Thankfully, our special teams came to play and our defense. Other then that the offensive players should have stayed after the game and ran sprints!

Fact of the matter it was an ugly win and we should be happy to have it. No matter what!

2 people were out, not one (Marlon Davis and Andre Smith). 2 of 5 starters out makes a difference. Maybe in the next year or so we'll have enough depth that we can replace 2 starters on our O-line and not miss a beat. We're not there yet.

TerryP said:
We only had two guys that were playing their normal positions by the 2nd quarter; Caldwell at Center and Davis at Right Guard.
Terry...

Football is often, correctly in my opinion, more
"a game of availability instead of ability."

Injuries happen.

If, in only the second game we go from a dominating offensive line to that pathetic performance last night then we are woefully short on 'ability.'

Throughout camp we saw where players were being moved between tackle and guard, between left side and right side. The reasoning, we were told, is to build depth and have our best players know several positions in case something happened. The performance last night, and your rationalization, speaks loudly that that cross-training did not work and/or we have only five, maybe six, OL capable of playing winning ball in Conference USA (much less the SEC).

If player (and team) dedication and commitment are not still an issue and it was just a matter of some players playing out of position, then we had better pray mightedly for 'availability' for the rest of the year.

Frankly, the statistics from the game (I did not see the game, I was in Gainesville) tells me that we saw a repeat of the UL-Monroe game last year, only the kicking game breakdowns by Tulane (punt return for a touchdown, blocked kick for a touchdown, two - or was it three?, missed FGs by Tulane) saved our skin.

Frankly, I am beginning to really think our players just really do think that because they are at Alabama that is enough. It is not required that they actually produce on a consistent level because we will worship them merely because they have on the crimson jersey. Why bust your ass to be glorified when just filling out a roster spot is enough. It appears Saban still has much, much work to do.

alagator said:
TerryP said:
We only had two guys that were playing their normal positions by the 2nd quarter; Caldwell at Center and Davis at Right Guard.
Terry...

Football is often, correctly in my opinion, more
"a game of availability instead of ability."

Injuries happen.

If, in only the second game we go from a dominating offensive line to that pathetic performance last night then we are woefully short on 'ability.'

Throughout camp we saw where players were being moved between tackle and guard, between left side and right side. The reasoning, we were told, is to build depth and have our best players know several positions in case something happened. The performance last night, and your rationalization, speaks loudly that that cross-training did not work and/or we have only five, maybe six, OL capable of playing winning ball in Conference USA (much less the SEC).

If player (and team) dedication and commitment are not still an issue and it was just a matter of some players playing out of position, then we had better pray mightedly for 'availability' for the rest of the year.

Frankly, the statistics from the game (I did not see the game, I was in Gainesville) tells me that we saw a repeat of the UL-Monroe game last year, only the kicking game breakdowns by Tulane (punt return for a touchdown, blocked kick for a touchdown, two - or was it three?, missed FGs by Tulane) saved our skin.

Frankly, I am beginning to really think our players just really do think that because they are at Alabama that is enough. It is not required that they actually produce on a consistent level because we will worship them merely because they have on the crimson jersey. Why bust your ass to be glorified when just filling out a roster spot is enough. It appears Saban still has much, much work to do.
^^YOUda

Very well said we have a lot of work ahead of us, but we do have the right man for the job.

TerryP said:
Geez.

Exactly. JP played with pressure ALL NIGHT. He didn't make any costly decisions and we came out with a victory.

Back
Top Bottom