| OT ESPN. Front page. "Baseball, barbecue and losing freedom this Fourth of July."

18Champs

And they're still wondering why their subscription base is leaving in droves.

Grilling, baseball and fireworks, first replaced by symbols -- and now by a country tearing itself completely apart. July 4, 2022, falls in the midst of devastation. It is Independence Day in America with independence under current and relentless assault. From Miranda rights to the environment, to the separation of church and state, to guns -- so many guns -- people are reeling. The U.S. Supreme Court has run a chain saw through what two generations of Americans had known to be the legal baselines of their lives. Tens of millions of women today do not feel freedom and certainly are not celebrating independence. The people who can become pregnant who feel celebratory toward the Court may do so from the victory of their position, but it nevertheless remains true that the power of choice -- and the right to privacy -- has been taken from all of them.

1656944235899.png

A legitimate question here is "how does ESPN have this guy on payroll?" If you look at his Twitter handle, it's "Full dissident."

Okay.

A dissident is a guy that's been in jail in a military regime. He opposes an authoritarian state (no disagreement there) and official policies.

And then there's this.

Bryant was arrested for domestic violence; attacking his wife in front of their child (1st grade age.) He also attacked the responding officer. Probation, which is as fair of a shake as you can get.

You all are all familiar with "know your audience."

Know your speaker.

I think many of us are starting to recognize that we are subjects to an out of touch and totally disconnected aristocracy. These "journalists" are simply megaphones and attack dogs for our ruling regime. Nothing will get better until this regime is completely forced out of power.

Funny thing is, it's usually the have nots subscribing to this crap and then they wonder why they don't gave any money or savings.

I think many of us are starting to recognize that we are subjects to an out of touch and totally disconnected aristocracy. These "journalists" are simply megaphones and attack dogs for our ruling regime. Nothing will get better until this regime is completely forced out of power.
They’re the megaphones for the majority. No different than FoxNews, OAN, etc being the megaphone for trumplicans.

They’re the megaphones for the majority. No different than FoxNews, OAN, etc being the megaphone for trumplicans.
1) The viewpoint written in this article does not represent the majority. It's the vocal minority. But hey, stand behind a wife abuser if that's your stand.

2) "trumplicans" among Liberals is as bad as the Kick 6 is with a lot of Bama fans. It has nothing to do with what's happened in the last few years.

1) The viewpoint written in this article does not represent the majority. It's the vocal minority. But hey, stand behind a wife abuser if that's your stand.

2) "trumplicans" among Liberals is as bad as the Kick 6 is with a lot of Bama fans. It has nothing to do with what's happened in the last few years.
I was replying to the comment about the current “regime”, nothing about the abuser or the article. So, not sure where you got that I was standing behind anybody

The Republican Party is the Trumplican party, there’s no disputing that at all. The repubs that have had any backbone have been canceled by the far right. What’s happened “the last few years” is a continuing recession that started the last year of the previous administration. Now, don’t get me wrong I’m not a big fan of the current administration, but not everything is their fault as people on the right like to believe

At what point did conservative values become a Trump thing? If there's one thing that's leading the way in entertainment value is how the belief has grown: "Republicans are following Trump's ideals." When, in fact, it's the opposite?

Trump echoed the core values of the conservative base. He didn't invent, or establish, the current line of thinking. He represented those beliefs as a politician.

At what point did conservative values become a Trump thing? If there's one thing that's leading the way in entertainment value is how the belief has grown: "Republicans are following Trump's ideals." When, in fact, it's the opposite?

Trump echoed the core values of the conservative base. He didn't invent, or establish, the current line of thinking. He represented those beliefs as a politician.
The Republican Party took a hard right turn and followed Trump and his ideals/beliefs. There’s a reason why republicans that have lost elections since Trump did automatically scream voter fraud and why they don’t go against him at all because he still rules the party.

It’s saying something when Reagan couldn’t get elected as a Republican in today’s world

The Republican Party took a hard right turn and followed Trump and his ideals/beliefs. There’s a reason why republicans that have lost elections since Trump did automatically scream voter fraud and why they don’t go against him at all because he still rules the party.
Hard right turn, where?

Where are these elections being lost considering we're approaching elections that haven't happened?

What are these beliefs that conservatives (note the use of conservative versus Republican) where they've had a drastic turn of belief?

In this light, I have to ask. We're seeing reports of a million plus Democrats switching parties. Are these all your "Trumpkians?"
It’s saying something when Reagan couldn’t get elected as a Republican in today’s world
And what are you basing that upon? Since we're making statements like this, let's try this on for size.

Mondale, if Republican, would win against Biden at this point. 🙃

Part of the reason I join conversations like this with you are the sweeping generalizations made. I don't get that when we look it's not found.

Back
Top Bottom