| FTBL Eligibility of recruits tracker

I don't understand the Qualified catagory. Is that what they have to make on the ACT to pass because I know its a straight up 18. Hopefully thats not what they previously made on the ACT...

Tider 27 said:
I don't understand the Qualified catagory. Is that what they have to make on the ACT to pass because I know its a straight up 18. Hopefully thats not what they previously made on the ACT...

Need to make w/ clearinghouse

TerryP said:
Tider 27 said:

So basically if you have a high enough GPA, you can make a lower ACT score?

Tider 27 said:
TerryP said:
Tider 27 said:

Yes, exactly. It's a sliding scale, both ways.

Read this

BamaFan615 said:
Yea I'm confused too. Like with Tyler Love, does that mean that he made a 13 on the ACT or does that mean that is what he needs to make on the ACT but there's no confirmation on what he made?

In the column 'Qualified', a qualifying score is there for either the ACT needed or the GPA needed to qualify.

IOW, Love needs at least a 13...Preyear has a 21 so his GPA needs to be at least a 2.05.

TerryP said:
Tider 27 said:
TerryP said:
Tider 27 said:

Yes, exactly. It's a sliding scale, both ways.

Read this

Ahh ok I gotcha, thanks for the link TP. ;tr

It's good to see so many new talented OLs that also appear to be pretty darn smart especially since that's a key draft benchmark for drafting an OL in the NFL, it plays the same at the college level (assuming you're actually teaching your OLs)

c5vetman said:
I'm pretty happy that it seems like most of these kids have a pretty good shot at qualifying. I'm sure some may not make it, but none those #'s needed seem too difficult.

True. I was one that thought Preyear would have a hard time getting there...but if he can make a 21 on his test he should be able to get his GPA where it needs to be.

From just looking at it...Alonzo has the most work to do.

How do you have a 4.0 GPA and a 10 on the ACT? It seems like if someone could make 4.0 they could pull better than a 10... The 16's are pretty easy to pull up, but if I'm not mistaken if you have an improvement of more than four or five points on the ACT you have to take the test again. Of course, that takes time which affects the qualifying process. Interesting stuff, thanks for the post.

TheChief said:
How do you have a 4.0 GPA and a 10 on the ACT? It seems like if someone could make 4.0 they could pull better than a 10... The 16's are pretty easy to pull up, but if I'm not mistaken if you have an improvement of more than four or five points on the ACT you have to take the test again. Of course, that takes time which affects the qualifying process. Interesting stuff, thanks for the post.

They need a 10 to qualify...they didn't score a 10.

Gee, that would answer that. I don't see how you can possibly score a ten on the ACT though and qualify. I've had athletes that had 3.5 and still had to have a 17 on the ACT to get in, but maybe it's different when being admitted to the Capstone. Thanks for the info.

TheChief said:
Gee, that would answer that. I don't see how you can possibly score a ten on the ACT though and qualify. I've had athletes that had 3.5 and still had to have a 17 on the ACT to get in, but maybe it's different when being admitted to the Capstone. Thanks for the info.

Look back at the first page of this thread when I've linked the NCAA eligibility requirements...it's a sliding scale, high GPA and you don't need a high test score. Low GPA and you need a high test score.

Back
Top Bottom