| FTBL East Carolina a better team than Alabama?

norwood

East Carolina better than Alabama?: Tulane coach Bob Toledo didn't hesitate to call East Carolina a better team than Alabama, the Green Wave's season opening opponent. Toledo justified his assertion by saying that East Carolina is a more seasoned team that Alabama, which is playing with a lot of younger players.

"In my mind they're better than Alabama," Toledo said. "These guys are an experienced football team. They're very physical and they're very athletic... There's such a fine line between a major team and a mid-major team. I just think there's much more parity in college football and I see it on the film."

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/ncfnatio...from-around-the-non-BCS-and-Independents.html

Exactly, KC !!! Who cares! If Tulane had faced the same team that Clemson ran into, he would be whistling a different tune. Tulane is not a bad team and Toledo will have them in a bowl at the end of the year. East Carolina is good and they probably do have a more experienced team, we only have 9 scholly seniors, right? I believe that is among the fewest if not the fewest in the nation.

Fine, whatever Toledo. All I know is there is a big W in Alabama's column instead of Tulane's. Fine with me if he wants to say that. Doesn't even matter.

I guess Toledo will be the new Croom. Ever since the most fantastic and skilled coach in the country was hired at Ms. State, he has been the de-facto spokesperson for Alabama football.

During every post game comment session with Croom, not just the Al/Ms. State game, Croom ruminates on the effectiveness of Alabama and the character level of it's players.

Croom can be playing New Mexico State and after the game he will talk about whether he thinks Alabama can beat Tennessee or whether Alabama can beat Arkansas, etc...

He feels that he is speaking for Coach Bryant, I suppose. To this date, there has never been a team that Croom has publicly stated that he thought Alabama was good enough to beat.

Anyway, looks like Toledo is the new Alabama spokesperson.

well i guess he was talking about ECU's offense... since they couldn't muster a single touchdown against us, but they scored three on ECU???

in the SEC, we prefer to have defenses AS WELL AS offenses.

CtrlAltieDel said:
I guess Toledo will be the new Croom. Ever since the most fantastic and skilled coach in the country was hired at Ms. State, he has been the de-facto spokesperson for Alabama football.

During every post game comment session with Croom, not just the Al/Ms. State game, Croom ruminates on the effectiveness of Alabama and the character level of it's players.

Croom can be playing New Mexico State and after the game he will talk about whether he thinks Alabama can beat Tennessee or whether Alabama can beat Arkansas, etc...

He feels that he is speaking for Coach Bryant, I suppose. To this date, there has never been a team that Croom has publicly stated that he thought Alabama was good enough to beat.

reaching.jpg

Outlaw said:
CtrlAltieDel said:

reaching.jpg

headDive.gif

Well, I suppose from his perspective that may be true. We didn't exactly impress anyone in the Tulane game. We'll see where both programs (ECU,Bama) wind up at the end of the year...

CtrlAltieDel said:

Wazzup Altie! :lol:

BAMAPERRY said:
CtrlAltieDel said:

Hey, BamaPerry, long time no see. Stick around a while, true crimson to the core fans are always welcome.

Are you still over at Scout?

CtrlAltieDel said:
BAMAPERRY said:
CtrlAltieDel said:

Hey, BamaPerry, long time no see. Stick around a while, true crimson to the core fans are always welcome.

Are you still over at Scout?

OMG!!!

Satan - meet Beelzebub!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Whoda thunk you guys knew each other?

Welcome to the board, BamaPerry. Good to see you here. How's things over at the SEC Talk boards?

BAMAPERRY said:
Big_Fan said:
This is my home since I grew up and left scout.

I actually cancelled my subscription on Scout. But, when I called they gave me two free months, so I took it. Really, it was $9.99 a month for nothing.

The blow up over the pope avatar did me in. They can have it...they lost 10-20 subscribers that I know of because of their strong arming. It all boiled down to somebody knowing somebody else...it didn't matter that I had been a subscriber for 10 years.

Cancelled my print sub and my 4 give subs as well.

Some people think I am banned over there, but I left freely. It was a matter of principle.

Back
Top Bottom