| NEWS David Shaw steps down as the Stanford football coach:

I like where you're going with this...he'd be PERFECT for the Barn. Much better than Hugh Freeze in my biased opinion.

He was able to take a consistently pretty good program and turn them into perennial losers.
He is their winningest coach in history with 96 wins. Auburn has to see that he must be perfect for them as he has more wins at Stanford than Pop Warner, the dude we named Youth Football after.

It wasn't that long ago when he was one of the hottest names in coaching... many SEC fan bases wanted him, including some Bama fans pre-Saban. NFL owners and GM's courted him too.... The star burns bright and fast for some. Matt Campbell seems to be following that same path, but with a quicker, sharper arc.

It wasn't that long ago when he was one of the hottest names in coaching... many SEC fan bases wanted him, including some Bama fans pre-Saban. NFL owners and GM's courted him too.... The star burns bright and fast for some. Matt Campbell seems to be following that same path, but with a quicker, sharper arc.
I'd have to look but I'm willing to bet his winning percentage—as bad as they've been lately—is still tops among coaches at Stanford. I'm guessing there's a season or two with a guy higher, you know, one of those one year stint deals we saw back in the '50's and earlier.

Willing to bet his overall winning percentage is better than Harbaugh's was at Stanford.

The move to an offensive game left him in the shadows...sort of like Campbell.

I'd have to look but I'm willing to bet his winning percentage—as bad as they've been lately—is still tops among coaches at Stanford. I'm guessing there's a season or two with a guy higher, you know, one of those one year stint deals we saw back in the '50's and earlier.

Willing to bet his overall winning percentage is better than Harbaugh's was at Stanford.

The move to an offensive game left him in the shadows...sort of like Campbell.

Yep. Coaches who've coached at least 50 games - only Pop Warner beats him in pct (several with short stints had higher pct as you predicted)

1669567552531.png

Campbell really hurt himself the last two years in my eyes.

Back
Top Bottom