| LIFE Curious. How many of you folks have video outside your home? Doorbells, camera's, etc?

TerryP

Staff
I've got Ring ™. I got it for several reasons, mostly lazy. Who is here, kind of thing. But it came in useful yesterday. Maybe life saving.

I opened my front door yesterday during the game because I heard the Fed-Ex truck. The damn Jack Russell sees a lizard and within seconds I have a storm door covering in slobber. I don't blame him; he hates lizards. "How dare something like that crawl on the door?"

So, I went to grab Windex to clean the door and forgot about it being open. I forgot about Mom. At the same time I making some lunch...

A few minutes later it was a "where is she?" Out the damn door was the answer.

Enter the doorbell. I would not have had a clue which direction she went without the video. At a click.

Going back to the earlier thought...

The guy that lives across the street has video, everywhere. Although, he has a lot of equipment outside. I haven't looked house to house, but I'm fairly sure 8 of 10 have something. Maybe less, don't know.

Just got me to thinking...how many of you guys have video?

I've got Ring ™. I got it for several reasons, mostly lazy. Who is here, kind of thing. But it came in useful yesterday. Maybe life saving.

I opened my front door yesterday during the game because I heard the Fed-Ex truck. The damn Jack Russell sees a lizard and within seconds I have a storm door covering in slobber. I don't blame him; he hates lizards. "How dare something like that crawl on the door?"

So, I went to grab Windex to clean the door and forgot about it being open. I forgot about Mom. At the same time I making some lunch...

A few minutes later it was a "where is she?" Out the damn door was the answer.

Enter the doorbell. I would not have had a clue which direction she went without the video. At a click.

Going back to the earlier thought...

The guy that lives across the street has video, everywhere. Although, he has a lot of equipment outside. I haven't looked house to house, but I'm fairly sure 8 of 10 have something. Maybe less, don't know.

Just got me to thinking...how many of you guys have video?
I have several older Arlo & newer Eufy cameras. We use them for several reasons other than security. Keep up with our pet, watch for deliveries, and other things.
The Eufy system is the best value that I’ve used. Great video quality, very affordable, & one time purchase (not monthly).
**I hope (and assume) that all turned out ok with your mom.
Things like that quickly make us understand that most of the bullshit we discuss/ argue about is just that - bullshit. Sports/politics etc… quickly pale when one of our loved one’s are concerned.
I hope it turned out well.

Back
Top Bottom