| FOOD Crawfish Boil = 👍🏻 -or- 👎🏻?

Circling back, finished up a good week at Orange Beach. Snagging fresh seafood for a boil didn’t work out, but a good time was had by all. The Gulf Shores version of Acme Oyster House didn’t disappoint, Original Doc’s was solid, the new spot, Local, right on the beach at the main OB intersection was good, that place really has potential. Last night we went marina/bayside to Playa (they took reservations, it was my Mom’s b’day and we had eight) and it was very good.

Grandkids had a ball watching Tuesday’s Blue Angels show, always a slog in the traffic, heat and crowd, happy when it’s over and grateful that we went.

Back home, watching a pour of Angel’s Envy dance around an ice cube…I think I earned it.

RTR,

Tim

Circling back, finished up a good week at Orange Beach. Snagging fresh seafood for a boil didn’t work out, but a good time was had by all. The Gulf Shores version of Acme Oyster House didn’t disappoint, Original Doc’s was solid, the new spot, Local, right on the beach at the main OB intersection was good, that place really has potential. Last night we went marina/bayside to Playa (they took reservations, it was my Mom’s b’day and we had eight) and it was very good.

Grandkids had a ball watching Tuesday’s Blue Angels show, always a slog in the traffic, heat and crowd, happy when it’s over and grateful that we went.

Back home, watching a pour of Angel’s Envy dance around an ice cube…I think I earned it.

RTR,

Tim

Two of my favorites, along with Wolf Bay Lodge... though it has been a while since I've been to Acme. Sounds like a good trip....

RTR,

Tim
When you guys get the chance try to get reservations at Jessie's on the bay. The best new restaurant in LA. It is 9 miles down fort morgan road.

When you guys get the chance try to get reservations at Jessie's on the bay. The best new restaurant in LA. It is 9 miles down fort morgan road.
I didn't know they had the new location. We already have reservations at the original Jesse's in Magnolia Springs when we're in Point Clear late next month. Jesse's and the Wash House are must-dos for us every year.

I do love a good crawfish boil, but crawfish to me are a lot of work for not a lot of meat. The things I enjoy the most about them are the corn, conecuh sausage, and potatoes.

Has to have Zatarin's crab boil seasoning too.

Back
Top Bottom