| FOOD Crawfish Boil = 👍🏻 -or- 👎🏻?

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
It’s that time of year, crawfish season… Went to a get together the other day and we had crawfish (photo below). I’ve always kinda felt it’s a tad overrated personally but I do enjoy it. For me, a crawfish boil must be…

1- All you can eat, not a filled up styrofoam box or some crap.

2- Need to taste the spice to some degree. At least pretend it’s made by a Cajun.

3- Conecuh must be mixed in. Not some shitty sausage like Hillshire Farms.

Personally, I much prefer fried crawfish tails (by themselves or on a poboy), but I’m good with boiled if those 3 boxes are checked.

IMG_3396.jpeg

It’s that time of year, crawfish season… Went to a get together the other day and we had crawfish (photo below). I’ve always kinda felt it’s a tad overrated personally but I do enjoy it. For me, a crawfish boil must be…

1- All you can eat, not a filled up styrofoam box or some crap.

2- Need to taste the spice to some degree. At least pretend it’s made by a Cajun.

3- Conecuh must be mixed in. Not some shitty sausage like Hillshire Farms.

Personally, I much prefer fried crawfish tails (by themselves or on a poboy), but I’m good with boiled if those 3 boxes are checked.

View attachment 24283
You hit the nail on the head!!!! I agree with 100% of this!!!

YES!
get-in-my-belly-food.gif

Only in LA. Our church will have a crawfish boil when the fresh sweet corn is in. Conecha and baby red potatoes make it great. Swamp fire is the best.

Suck the heads pinch the tails. Can't fill up.

Only in LA. Our church will have a crawfish boil when the fresh sweet corn is in. Conecha and baby red potatoes make it great. Swamp fire is the best.

Suck the heads pinch the tails. Can't fill up.

Not crawfish, but we always do a couple or three large shrimp boils in summer after the sliver queen corn is harvested. I'll pick up a bushel in Baldwin Co. along with some fresh shrimp off the boat.... love the stuff.

Yes, we're down next month, where is the best place to get fresh shrimp in the Orange Beach area? Since my entire family will be down there, I'm willing to drive a bit and be gone a while...
I've always went to Aquila or Billy's Seafood in Bon Secour for fresh shrimp if I'm going to cook/grill it myself (Royal Reds are the best, IMO). You can always stop at The Tin Top while you're out that way. 🤤

Aquila, Billy's or somewhere else?
Yes, we're down next month, where is the best place to get fresh shrimp in the Orange Beach area? Since my entire family will be down there, I'm willing to drive a bit and be gone a while...

Both are really good, been a good while since I've been to Billy's... Of the two, we usually end up at Aquila's. Most of the time though our in-laws (in Silverhill) get us some from extended family who buy them directly from the boat(s) or my I'll pick up several pounds at Fresh Seafood Distributers off 181 in Daphne as we are headed out of town and back home... I like them mostly for convenience, no going out of the way...

Tim, you're probably well aware of both of these... but an afternoon meal under the trees on a picnic table (or the bar) at The Pointe Restaurant is not bad. They have live music most evenings if you go later. A burger at Pirates Cove ain't bad either... and usually comes with a side quality people watching. It's more fun if you're pulling up on a boat, but the drive isn't terrible if you're just looking to enjoy yourself and get some fresh air.

Both are really good, been a good while since I've been to Billy's... Of the two, we usually end up at Aquila's. Most of the time though our in-laws (in Silverhill) get us some from extended family who buy them directly from the boat(s) or my I'll pick up several pounds at Fresh Seafood Distributers off 181 in Daphne as we are headed out of town and back home... I like them mostly for convenience, no going out of the way...

Tim, you're probably well aware of both of these... but an afternoon meal under the trees on a picnic table (or the bar) at The Pointe Restaurant is not bad. They have live music most evenings if you go later. A burger at Pirates Cove ain't bad either... and usually comes with a side quality people watching. It's more fun if you're pulling up on a boat, but the drive isn't terrible if you're just looking to enjoy yourself and get some fresh air.
I haven't been to Pirate's Cove, it's on my list after seeing it on True South which, in my view, is an overrated show. I'd rather just see a list of places and find out for myself.

Back
Top Bottom