| FTBL Could someone please tell me why the game is at 11:30

Because quite frankly its the third best SEC game on the third Sat in Oct.

Very shameful for the 2 conference powers to have fallen this far :oops:

bpcolburn said:
weak sauce...why isn't CBS doing a double-header? LSU v. Auburn got picked up by ESPN. They aren't a factor and we're still on Lincoln Financial.

Lenny is right. How is LSU v the Barn not a factor? Check the SEC West Standings.

bpcolburn said:
weak sauce...why isn't CBS doing a double-header? LSU v. Auburn got picked up by ESPN. They aren't a factor and we're still on Lincoln Financial.

I don't know, but I wish the SEC could get away from that CBS contract. Let Fox have it with a double-header every saturday starting at 2:00pm. After a short 30-60 minute rundown on the rest of football that day, show the prime-time SEC game at 6:45pm.

I would love that!!

it's not a factor for the CBS slot because it's already been picked up by ESPN. I'm well aware of what effect the LSU v. Auburn game has had on the SEC West outcome for the past couple of years.

i'm just upset because I personally feel that Alabama v. Tennessee is deserving of being on national television. However, I also realize that the Kentucky and LSU games are probably more important in terms of deciding the division champions. Still mad though, we're gonna have to wake up early.

Not happy either, but I've already made out plans for how I'm going to deal with it. Man, back in the day I used to make 11:30 games in B'ham after partying till 4am.
Neither team is in the top 25 (BCS). Honesty, were almost lucky to be on TV at all.
If you don't want to go to the game the going price on stubhub is still around $100 for upper deck.

bpcolburn said:
i'm just upset because I personally feel that Alabama v. Tennessee is deserving of being on national television. However, I also realize that the Kentucky and LSU games are probably more important in terms of deciding the division champions. Still mad though, we're gonna have to wake up early.
Well, the fact of the matter is this game does not DESERVE the national slot. I don't like the fact both Alabama and Tennessee are not the most important game - or even the second most important game, but that is our and their fault and not CBS's. Had we taken care of business against either UGa or FSU then most likely we would be on CBS.

This is one of the two or three weeks in the season where ESPN has first choice on the game - and that decision was made by them some time ago. They, wisely in my opinion, chose the LSU-Auburn contest. CBS has the second choice and they went with the UF-Kentucky game - again, a wise choice (afterall both teams in that game are higher ranked than either UA or UT) and UK is coming off a huge upset of the #1 ranked team in the nation and UF has the Player with perhaps the highest Q-Factor in the nation in Tebow. Lincoln Financial has the third choice and there was NO WAY they were going to pass on this contest. ESPN2 has fourth choice, but apparently the ESPN families of networks do not want a second game this weekend.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
rammajamma said:
I don't mind it. I think we play really well on Lincoln Financial and I think they do a great job of covering the game.

Wow is all I can say to that :shock:

I will say this. At least we don't have to listen to Gary Danielson (who I think has an almost unhealthy man crush on Tim Tebow) and Mike Patrick, who I thought used to be a decent announcer. Don't pay attention to the jersey number Mike! Every running back is named Terry Grant and Brittney Spears needs to be discussed in an OT match between two SEC teams. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom