| FTBL Colt still crying

Part of the game and I think we all wonder at times but I've never seen a team dwell on it as much as Texas, their fans and the players. Kind of pitiful.
In context, look at how it broke that program.

The had enjoyed 10+ years of double digit wins leading up to that game. A loss, and the next season they were a five win team. It took that program eight years to get back to 10 wins.

In context, look at how it broke that program.

The had enjoyed 10+ years of double digit wins leading up to that game. A loss, and the next season they were a five win team. It took that program eight years to get back to 10 wins.

That also happened to a lot of programs during the season , to where a bad loss to BAMA would cost a team the next game or two.

It got to where teams didn’t want to play is in the early kickoff games. I believe Coach Saban even said as much. I believe it was 2019 when we played Duke and people were asking why. And Coach said that it was hard to find teams that wanted to play us and kinda dared the reporter to help line up some top tier teams.

Oh yeah. BAMA went 14-2 in those kickoff games.

Awesome era. Ready for this one with Coach DeBoer. Hoping for similar results.

Last edited:
Part of the game and I think we all wonder at times but I've never seen a team dwell on it as much as Texas, their fans and the players. Kind of pitiful.
Spend time in Austin. Lavaca Street Bar downtown (outstanding Po' Boy sammiches). Drunk UT kids trying to play pool is a hoot. Advise not to sit too close to the pool tables unless you want hit by a cue ball flying off the table.

Get over it Colt & Texas...lol. you lost by 3 touchdowns... if not for the kick six, if not for Clemson's blatantly obvious pick play, if not for Tua getting hurt, if not for Jamo and Metch getting hurt.. it's part of the game.. you lost stop being a bitch about it.
U can. I never will. Polls voting nd # 1. 66/77
ND beating bama 73/74
GT beating bama 6?
Punt bama punt. 72
Clemson wrecking a great bama team 18?
Offense n defense folding to uga in 4th ...21

I take the losses to my grave.

U can. I never will. Polls voting nd # 1. 66/77
ND beating bama 73/74
GT beating bama 6?
Punt bama punt. 72
Clemson wrecking a great bama team 18?
Offense n defense folding to uga in 4th ...21

I take the losses to my grave.
Lost to Ga Tech 7-6 in 62.On the try for 2 pt conversion, 2 receivers in same line of sight, ball intended for deeper receiver, tipped by receiver in front, incomplete.

Am I wrong here? There's literally nothing in that article where Colt says or insinuates that Texas would have won. Only the writer implies that. Colt just said it was unfortunate to have returned for his senior year and go out like that.

Headlines don't tell the truth/full story.

Am I wrong here? There's literally nothing in that article where Colt says or insinuates that Texas would have won. Only the writer implies that. Colt just said it was unfortunate to have returned for his senior year and go out like that.

Headlines don't tell the truth/full story.
If we want to assign blame for why this story continues, look no further than Mack Brown. Within the last year or so he was still repeating this mantra.

If we want to assign blame for why this story continues, look no further than Mack Brown. Within the last year or so he was still repeating this mantra.
Of course he will. He and Texas fans will perpetuate that narrative until they die. Fact is, Texas was able to get a 6-0 lead due to short field position and Alabama's defense clamped down in the red zone. The best part of that game was Alabama proving that Texas' number one rush defense was a result of being in a pass-heavy conference and Alabama's O-Line man handling their front 7. If we're throwing around "what if" scenarios, the biggest "what if" is if Ingram and Richardson don't get cramps in the third quarter and extend Alabama's lead to the 30s and possibly 40s. The game was a lot closer than it should have been and Texas taking advantage of broken plays.

I always ask Texas fans that if Colt was so dominant, why on earth did he suffer a negative play when Marcel Dareus hit him?

I always ask Texas fans that if Colt was so dominant, why on earth did he suffer a negative play when Marcel Dareus hit him?
I've had the subject come up a few times with Texas fans. A passive aggressive approach ALWAYS works.

I always tell them I appreciate his decision with the NFL just around the corner. He had a future to consider when he quit. Think about what may have happened if he was hurt, even worse? Would you look at your future versus getting hurt again?

They get pissed over "quit," but get over it when you mention a big NFL contract.

The only fan base that may be easier to keep on a Yo-Yo string are Tennessee fans.

Back
Top Bottom