| FTBL College Football Playoff committee rankings: Week 1: Alabama comes in at #6

TerryP

Staff
Everyone is paying attention to the top six. It makes sense with four teams—UT, UGA, UM, OSU—still looking at head to head matchups. As you're well aware, you'll see UT and UGA this upcoming weekend.

I look at the polls and believe they've got the top six correct. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see the order changed up a bit. I can see the committee looking at Tennessee and having them ranked higher than Ohio State. I can see Clemson being in the top four over Michigan due to their ranked wins—three to one.

With a win over LSU I can also see Bama reaching the top four—prepare to hear "quality loss."

Rankings that actually make some sense. Tennessee is more than deserving up to this point of being #1. Clemson is questionable with their schedule and playing tight games like Georgia. Win and we're in like everyone is saying.

Of course it will play itself out, every team in the top six can make the playoffs by simply winning out, the operative word being simply lol.

There’s a small part of me that is pulling for a bit of chaos I think it has been discussed but it would be interesting to see Georgia beat Tennessee by a field goal and then have us meet Georgia in the SEC championship game and beat them by say a touchdown or so. I think Tennessee is better than Georgia but we will see if they can take the pressure that has now been put on their shoulders as a young team with big expectations this Saturday.

Michigan and smoke and mirrors to me, I honestly think Ohio State is playing great football as much as I hate to say that, Clemson does not impress me, but there is still so much football left to play

Yep, I agree with the sentiment about Tennersee - they pass the eyeball test to this point. I still can't stand how Clempson gets such a gravy train schedule every year and pretty much a default high ranking. When was the last time FSU or Miami was actually really good? And I mean really good. Not just pre-season hype. Dabo better be thanking his lucky stars that the rest of his conference has been crap for so long.

Yep, I agree with the sentiment about Tennersee - they pass the eyeball test to this point. I still can't stand how Clempson gets such a gravy train schedule every year and pretty much a default high ranking. When was the last time FSU or Miami was actually really good? And I mean really good. Not just pre-season hype. Dabo better be thanking his lucky stars that the rest of his conference has been crap for so long.

I agree. Clemson would be a waste of a spot even if they end up beating Notre Dame and winning the ACC.

I think we're in a good enough spot to push for top 4 position. Of course if we beat GA or UT in the SECCG then it's a given that we would be in. I think it's interesting if Georgia loses to UT and then we beat UT. I think UGA would be the odd man out, their schedule is like charmin (ultra soft).

Back
Top Bottom