| BSB/SB Coach torches AU AD John Cohen (and selection committee chairman) after Tigers lose their regional in just two games

SEC teams— especially considering who was in charge.

Auburn athletic director John Cohen sits on the NCAA’s Division I Baseball Selection Committee. Was there bias toward the south in his decision making? That is up for interpretation.

However, Cohen did admit after the bracket was released that he does not have much familiarity with the Northeast. Shouldn’t someone who is deciding which teams get into the NCAA Tournament and which teams do not have a knowledge of all regions?

One would think. But not Cohen. And he was willing to admit that he didn’t know!

The Tigers ultimately hosted a Regional that included Pennsylvania, a team from the Northeast. Cohen may not have been familiar with the Ivy League champions before, but he certainly is now!

Penn rolled into Alabama and beat Auburn on Friday in extra innings. The Quakers exploited the home team with small ball and used three-straight bunts to score two runs at one point.

In the end, it was the four-seed that took down the Regional host and trolled them into oblivion with a Kick-Six reference.

The loss sent the Tigers to an elimination game Saturday, which they lost. Auburn was eliminated after just two games. Meanwhile, Penn beat Samford to advance to the Regional final.

Cohen will have to watch a team from the Northeast play for a Super Regional birth while his program’s season is over. The irony is undeniable.

To make things funnier, Cohen got torched.

As soon as the Tigers went down, a college baseball coach from the Northeast sent D1Baseball’s Shotgun Spratling the following text:

Looks like this will give John Cohen time to get familiar with the rest of the field.
BOOM, roasted! Tough scene for Auburn. Tough scene for Cohen.

Needs to be thrown off the committee. Not removed, thrown off. Auburn should never have been given a regional nor an auburn bum allowed to move Bama down to 16.
I'm always amused with the mental gymnastics.

"When we're discussing Auburn, I recuse myself and leave the room."

...and when they're talking about seeding, and hosting, with everyone else?

With what, four top seeds losing, the seeding looks suspect. Parity, or just a bad job overall?

I'm always amused with the mental gymnastics.

"When we're discussing Auburn, I recuse myself and leave the room."

...and when they're talking about seeding, and hosting, with everyone else?

With what, four top seeds losing, the seeding looks suspect. Parity, or just a bad job overall?
Cohen may have “recused” himself when it came to talking about the Barn, but anyone with half a brain knows that he was telling anyone in that room that would listen about his team, that they were “hotter than anyone and had overcome a ton of injuries”.
Probably more parity than ever before with so many bouncing around in the portal.

16 of D1 Top 25 still alive for a Natty. A lot were saying and rightly so, Viles were a threat as a 2 seed to win the Clemson Regional and A&M was a threat out in Palo Alto. Viles did and A&M has a chance to do so as well tonight.

Back
Top Bottom