| FTBL CNS Takes Blame, Not OC or DC

Ummmmm.....sometimes it not execution....when dbacks are 30 yards back and ur offense just gave other team time plus their TOs to get in fg range....stupid pf penalties...etc

Execution is 17-15 penalties... grabbing facemask...dropping passes...etc

Defending the coordinators...scares me

Ummmmm.....sometimes it not execution....when dbacks are 30 yards back and ur offense just gave other team time plus their TOs to get in fg range....stupid pf penalties...etc

Execution is 17-15 penalties... grabbing facemask...dropping passes...etc

Defending the coordinators...scares me
He’s always done that (not throwing them under the bus)
Kinda like when Bryant would say he did a “poor job getting them prepared “ - you knew there was going to be hell to pay.

He’s always done that (not throwing them under the bus)
Kinda like when Bryant would say he did a “poor job getting them prepared “ - you knew there was going to be hell to pay.
Difference between defending and not throwing under bus...
Usually says...."everything and everybody will be evaluated after season.."
Thats not throwing under bus

Including our DC and his DUI....

He defends them in public, because nobody would work for him as an OC or DC if he was throwing them under the bus for their mistakes. He always wants them to find jobs so he doesn't have to fire them. Just cause what he says in public is one thing, doesn't mean in private he's not tearing them both a new asshole.
I have seen him tearing into coordinators on sideline...but not to PG ...and BOB lives up stairs ....

"Obviously, when you're teaching and regardless of what you're teaching and how you're teaching it, if the pupils don't get it, I put it on me. So, we've just got to find a better way to emphasize it."

"I'm not blaming anybody else in the organization," said Saban, whose teams have won six national championships and played for three others since 2009. "It's my responsibility. I know what plays they call; I'm involved in how they prepare for the week. I watch practice film with them. But I think people look for somebody to hate when things don't go right."

CNS usually speaks plainly on this issues. This is just another example. He understands, that at the end of the day, it ALL comes down to him. I have never doubted for a second that he might see it any other way. And he understands there is no advantage of voicing his issues with staff publicly. That's leadership 101.

I don't think its just coach speak. I think he has a full grasp on the reality of the situation & is trying to do everything can to get this team ready for Ole Miss in the best way possible.

@JoseyWalesTheOutlaw I do think they should show some signs of improving because at this point, if you don't, CNS sure as hell isn't going to give a ringing endorsement to NFL Scouts & the remaining players are going to get sifted from the wheat & the shaft.

I think it will be crystal clear who is going to want to build for the future compared to those who don't.

Saban is a focus on the next game person. Always has been. He needs the players and the coaches to focus on preparing for the next opponent. He will deal with the other when the time is right. He knows this team and coaching staff needs that or they will be cashing in the rest of the season.

Back
Top Bottom