| FTBL Clemson Fight Club

Clearly can tell they've never been there before. I was more distraught at Clemson winning the National Championship over us losing it, and this is another instance of them letting it all go to their head. They just came off an embarrassing loss and here they are tweeting dumbass garbage about "that life". Please, you don't know jack about being the King and maintaining "that life". I hope they come back to #4 so we can throw an ass whooping on them.

Sadly, I imagine this idea came from US!! Coach Wingo used to have 2 pair of boxing gloves in his office in the weight room. Any disagreement in the weightroom, lockerroom, etc, was handled with the gloves. 3- 3 minute rounds. I know this for a fact! In '89 as a freshman walk-on, I witnessed several "boxing matches" before team meetings!!

fight club? that ain't no fight club!

why are they wearing socks and slipping all over the place?

why are they wearing hand protection?

be a man, have a real fight.

Sadly, I imagine this idea came from US!! Coach Wingo used to have 2 pair of boxing gloves in his office in the weight room. Any disagreement in the weightroom, lockerroom, etc, was handled with the gloves. 3- 3 minute rounds. I know this for a fact! In '89 as a freshman walk-on, I witnessed several "boxing matches" before team meetings!!

That's actually awesome. I wish we'd had something like this when I was an athlete. Though a bunch of swim team women beating each other up would probably be far more likely to be filmed than sweaty football dudes ..

Makes sense, since Dabo was there right around your time. Which means it's probably Dabo that started this there.

Wouldn't it be better to handle it on the field? Anytime two guys had issues when I was in high school, they stuck those two guys in the "alley" (I think most teams called it the Oklahoma Drill, at least a modified version) until neither guy can barely move.

Coach in my high school was a golden gloves winner. He kept 2 sets of gloves for anybody wanting to settle things. He would charge 10 cents a head to who wanted to watch. I saw several matches in my 3 years there and I was challenged to 1 match myself.

Wouldn't it be better to handle it on the field? Anytime two guys had issues when I was in high school, they stuck those two guys in the "alley" (I think most teams called it the Oklahoma Drill, at least a modified version) until neither guy can barely move.

Any disagreement on the field was handled differently. The boxing occurred with other situations, money, women, stealing someones towel, etc.

I will say that when the gloves went on, it was in a room with a wrestling mat on the floor and no furniture around. It was actually the room where we would stretch or do auxillary lifts.

My brother that is almost a year and a half younger and I used to fight all the time over just sibling rivalry stuff. My dad bought a couple of pair of boxing gloves and gave us strict orders if we were gonna fight, we had to put on the boxing gloves. Failing to do so would get us both a whipping with his belt. (We have a younger sister that would always tell on us.) We had several boxing matches that usually lasted just a few punches. Both of us will tell you now those boxing matches made us bond much closer together and also stopped the silly fighting over things that didn't even matter in the first place.

In all my years around cc, I only saw one minor scuffle and that was on a bus after a meet. Track? Now that's a different story. I've seen two fan bases brawl two different times. Saw an ugly fight between two throwers. Back to the joke though, I've never seen the Tide XC team throw sod at anyone.

Our coach had a a pair of 18 or 20 ounce gloves, perhaps even heavier, and he'd let guys settle it if there was a dust-up, even during P.E. After a few minutes of slinging around in those things, both were exhausted and had no interest in continuing. Then coach would run them both. It was a good lesson for participants and spectators.

RTR,

Tim

Back
Top Bottom