| NEWS Chris Allen has 'pretty significant' foot injury, could be out for the season -On3.com

B

Bama News

Update (6:53 p.m. ET): Alabama coach Nick Saban said during his postgame press conference that Chris Allen is dealing with a “pretty significant” foot injury that could keep him out the rest of the season.

The Alabama football team is rolling Miami in the first half of the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game in Atlanta, Georgia. At the end of the second quarter, the Crimson Tide has a substantial 27-3 lead over the Hurricanes.

Unfortunately, it hasn’t only been good news for Alabama, as starting outside linebacker Chris Allen is in the locker room with an unknown injury.

For me, it is way past the point that I concern myself with the opponent. The games themselves are zero stress for me. Not saying Bama can't lose, it just isn't something I fret over anymore. My only worry is injuries. In my mind, that is pretty much the only thing that can keep Bama out of the Playoffs at this point in Saban's tenure. Losing Allen in game 1 is like starting a chess game without a rook. Not ideal.

For me, it is way past the point that I concern myself with the opponent. The games themselves are zero stress for me. Not saying Bama can't lose, it just isn't something I fret over anymore. My only worry is injuries. In my mind, that is pretty much the only thing that can keep Bama out of the Playoffs at this point in Saban's tenure. Losing Allen in game 1 is like starting a chess game without a rook. Not ideal.
I started to make a chess comment here but deleted it figuring I'd lose too many.

How are downs split between Sanders and Braswell will be a question heading into Florida. Both played well tonight.

Some folks have asked me in the past about why Bama LBs seem to get injured frequently, my response has always been because they play with such reckless abandonment...they love to fly around the field and hit folks.

Back
Top Bottom