| FTBL Cecil Hurt's latest is a must read

bamafan4ever said:
Tebow, Hurt, Barner Husband, etc., etc....

I am starting to feel left out!!! :wink: :lol:

After Saturday night Tebow and my husband are both out of the running, so I have a couple of slots now available. :x :wink: :D

After every game (win or loss) I try to find articles or threads that I care to wrap my mind around & then agree too.

This one is it.

Folks, 3 big plays by other teams has helped bring us to the point we are now. We aren't getting totally raked over the carpet either.

So stay focused.

But “tweaking” doesn’t mean abandoning time-tested methods because of a couple of losses. Alabama fans don’t have to look far for an example. After two early season losses, gloom and despair was palpable in discussions about Auburn football. But their coaching staff simply took a deep breath, stayed with what they do best (yes, with some quarterback shuffling that may or may not have helped Brandon Cox) and things now look a lot better for the Tigers.

Very good point made here. Cecil is the best.

alagator said:
BamaDelta said:
After Saturday night Tebow and my husband are both out of the running, so I have a couple of slots now available. :x :wink: :D
Oh, nevermind. :shock:

Well, Delta, I don't want to appear forward, but you know what they say: "The older the violin, the sweeter the music.":shock:

Cecil's column was emailed to me by a lady who used to be in the MDB. She now lives in (GASP!) Auburn. She didn't give the by-line, but soon as I read it, I knew it was Cecil's.

bamaupsman said:
Preach my brother! And like I said in an earlier topic: Arenas can't catch.

I didn't read your earlier topic, but where do you draw this conclusion from? How many muffs has Arenas had vs how many returns he has? I don't remember Arenas muffing one last year as a freshman and I can only think of one so far this year.

I'd say he does try to make things happen sometimes when he should fair catch, but I don't know where you get the "can't catch" thing from.

:?

Back
Top Bottom