| FTBL Cecil Hurt article

FROM THE ARTICLE:

Saban’s primary postgame message was that Alabama can be a good team — but only when it is an inspired, emotional team.

“Obviously, we’re very disappointed, but there [are] a lot of lessons to be learned,” Saban said. “I was concerned about our intensity in preparing for this game. I thought that showed up in the first half, and not just in our inability to score. The look in our eye just wasn’t what it needs to be.

“I’m responsible for that. I’m not blaming anybody. My job is to get the team ready and will get that corrected in the future.

“I was very proud of way we played in the second half. We came back and had a chance to win the game. The competitive spirit was there."

I needed that

I especially liked this
But the Tide will be well coached. It will play to the final buzzer and beyond. It will utilize the talent it has fairly effectively. It will play more close games, so bring your defibrillators to the stadium from now on.

Those are the facts that Alabama fans will wake up to in the morning. There won’t be a reason to rejoice, as the previous Saturdays have been — but there isn’t a reason to despair, either.

Thanks for the link to a great article

Like i said last night in chat. When everyone is telling the team that they are supermen and cant be beat you will see this type of play from our players.

Wilson thought he was superman all week because most people told him he was.

Gilberry needs to keep his mouth shut. He hasnt done anything all year. I hope he gave GA his address so they can send him the flowers because he was the one bent over all night. I just hope they used vaseline if not he will be hurting for the next few days.

Rolling Tide said:
Like i said last night in chat. When everyone is telling the team that they are supermen and cant be beat you will see this type of play from our players.

Gilberry needs to keep his mouth shut. He hasnt done anything all year. I hope he gave GA his address so they can send him the flowers because he was the one bent over all night. I just hope they used vaseline if not he will be hurting for the next few days.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John Parker Wilson, last week’s hero, had his moments — but needs to have them more consistently than he did against Georgia.

Saban’s primary postgame message was that Alabama can be a good team — but only when it is an inspired, emotional team.

“Obviously, we’re very disappointed, but there [are] a lot of lessons to be learned,” Saban said. “I was concerned about our intensity in preparing for this game. I thought that showed up in the first half, and not just in our inability to score. The look in our eye just wasn’t what it needs to be.

“I’m responsible for that. I’m not blaming anybody. My job is to get the team ready and will get that corrected in the future[/b]

Good reading.. I can't wait to see us bounce back! RTR!

Rolling Tide said:

Gilberry needs to keep his mouth shut.

The difference in Georgia and Bama last night was who wanted it more. Georgia wanted it more for the two reasons you pointed out above. After the Arkansas win too many people thought the program was returned to its glory days... we aren’t. Now after Kentucky beating Arkansas we see how average Arkansas is.

We couldn't keep our mouth shut... Georgia shut it for us. We will have a good season and improve on it every year.

GeorgiaTider said:
Rolling Tide said:

Gilberry needs to keep his mouth shut.

The difference in Georgia and Bama last night was who wanted it more. Georgia wanted it more for the two reasons you pointed out above. After the Arkansas win too many people thought the program was returned to its glory days... we aren’t. Now after Kentucky beating Arkansas we see how average Arkansas is.

We couldn't keep our mouth shut... Georgia shut it for us. We will have a good season and improve on it every year.

May be a blessing in disguise. I thought the team was getting to much praise already and JPW... :roll:

Back
Top Bottom