| FTBL Can you say Overreaction with a capital O?

It's amazing how these programs go for 20, 30, 40, years and more....then you have a coach win 1 NC in 40 years and they should be earning more than a coach that has won 6 NC's in 14 years Yes, people say that Nick Saban is the exception and there probably will never be another one like him. However, does anyone ever think why he is the exception? I would think it's because of his work ethic. This man has worked his ass off to achieve this success. Not to say that other coaches don't work hard but I would be safe in saying when some coaches work 16 -17 hours a day CNS is working 19 - 20.

Reading those replies causes me to wonder...how many of you on this site, would like to see Coach Smart as a Bama Head Coach?

ROLL TIDE?
Regardless of what people think of him, Smart will never be Bama’s head coach. Georgia was his dream job and he’s passionately committed to that university. Dooley won one NC (which everyone knows was due to Herschel) yet UGA fans still to this day speak of him in reverent tones. Kirby just won the long awaited NC and consistently brings in elite recruiting classes. So, the puppy fans are in pooch heaven. They’ve shown they’ll keep a coach who only does one of those things a very long time. Having one that does both means there’s about to be a massive statue erected of him.

Smart could be like Gus Malzahn? He was after the 2010 season he was on high! But after that 2013 season he couldn't get him one of those lemonade.

I think Smart learned enough from Saban and has the core work ethic and competitive nature to prevent a repeat of Malzahn or Orgeron. He is good enough to have Georgia hang around more than these other clowns did. He probably will be more like Clemson. Hard for me to believe anyone would be able to match what Saban is doing.

I think Smart learned enough from Saban and has the core work ethic and competitive nature to prevent a repeat of Malzahn or Orgeron. He is good enough to have Georgia hang around more than these other clowns did. He probably will be more like Clemson. Hard for me to believe anyone would be able to match what Saban is doing.
Yeah...more Clemson than AU or LSU...
But hang around top year after year....
Winning once...will satisfy for a short while...
Winning another....well...only real satisfaction...
Canhe replace key assistants...year after year...
Can he keep key players...

Ask Dabo

Yeah...more Clemson than AU or LSU...
But hang around top year after year....
Winning once...will satisfy for a short while...
Winning another....well...only real satisfaction...
Canhe replace key assistants...year after year...
Can he keep key players...

Ask Dabo
Anyone have an over/under for how many years before they get another?

Just pull a number out of my backside of 10 years. O/U?

Back
Top Bottom