| FTBL Bye Week, What Needs The Most Attention by CNS and Staff?

They were massaging his shoulder so the muscles wouldn't tighten up on him. It's common after injuries to have muscle issues like that. Hoping that the rest helps. Also hoping they turn on a ton of tape from that UT and TAMU games and see both sides of the ball having issues and correct them all. I expect Golding to figure it out, I haven't had much issue with his defense outside of the UT game. The offense though, has been this way for over a year now..that needs to be fixed/addressed.

Off today and tomorrow for everyone.
OL shell drills, working on basic fundamentals of running blocking and technique.
Coverage drills for LB's and DB's.
DL basic fundamentals.
WR's- short pass routes and separation.

Last edited:
Run game. This past game's offensive gameplan was the worst I've ever seen at Alabama, and I've been one who has defended BoB at times. But this past week was atrocious.

Defensively they better be more aggressive than the UT game - let the DL rush the passer and don't always do mush rush. Don't let Daniels get comfortable in the pocket. Yes he will run some but prepare for the called QB runs and mix in man and zone on passing downs so he can't always scramble if guys are all playing man to man

Just a reset. Man, get away from NIL, get away from campus and go home if possible, and get ready for the final stretch. That being said, the running backs are running camps in Birmingham this weekend, so no real rest.

I am hopeful Harrell can get up to speed and ready to play vs LSU. JMO but our receiving group is the worst group since Nick arrived. We don't have a lead dog that can be counted on to make a big catch at this point and we nothing out of the TE spot.

I have read that 91 and 56 have knee issues. We need Seth starting at center the rest of the way.

Run game. This past game's offensive gameplan was the worst I've ever seen at Alabama, and I've been one who has defended BoB at times. But this past week was atrocious.

Defensively they better be more aggressive than the UT game - let the DL rush the passer and don't always do mush rush. Don't let Daniels get comfortable in the pocket. Yes he will run some but prepare for the called QB runs and mix in man and zone on passing downs so he can't always scramble if guys are all playing man to man

I think we run the defense we had set for Tennessee. I do not want Daniels running the ball. Not sure why they were so threatened by Hooker running the ball seeing as his arm is what will hurt you, but Daniels will most definitely hurt you with his feet over his arm, so I think you rewind and divert back to that defense and just hope your re-energized defensive backs cover. That being said, we gotta get pressure too, so maybe you just live and die by the blitz. I'm fine with either at this point since straight up I don't think we're scaring anyone anymore. Just my two cents on the matter.

I think we run the defense we had set for Tennessee. I do not want Daniels running the ball. Not sure why they were so threatened by Hooker running the ball seeing as his arm is what will hurt you, but Daniels will most definitely hurt you with his feet over his arm, so I think you rewind and divert back to that defense and just hope your re-energized defensive backs cover. That being said, we gotta get pressure too, so maybe you just live and die by the blitz. I'm fine with either at this point since straight up I don't think we're scaring anyone anymore. Just my two cents on the matter.
Pressure...pressure...pressure

Makes things happen faster than a QB wants to....

The mush rush vs. UT was exacerbated by coverage schemes that got their blazing fast track star WR on a 215 lb SS on deep balls. I get wanting to contain Hooker - they didn't want to get back breaking scramble first downs on 3rd and long. But that didn't become as critical as the lack of coverage concepts to deal with their stack alignments and switch releases on the perimeter.

Daniels has been run first, but he seemed to be finding himself vs. Ole Miss. They will straight up run Daniels more from split zone-read schemes so that needs to be a defensive focus for sure. I just don't like the thought of the mush rush the whole time and then not getting to the QB, allowing him to gain confidence and the LSU team momentum that keeps the fans at a fever pitch.

The mush rush vs. UT was exacerbated by coverage schemes that got their blazing fast track star WR on a 215 lb SS on deep balls. I get wanting to contain Hooker - they didn't want to get back breaking scramble first downs on 3rd and long. But that didn't become as critical as the lack of coverage concepts to deal with their stack alignments and switch releases on the perimeter.

Daniels has been run first, but he seemed to be finding himself vs. Ole Miss. They will straight up run Daniels more from split zone-read schemes so that needs to be a defensive focus for sure. I just don't like the thought of the mush rush the whole time and then not getting to the QB, allowing him to gain confidence and the LSU team momentum that keeps the fans at a fever pitch.

Yep, I'm the same. In theory it sounds good, but you have to mix it up as well. I don't like handcuffing our elite pass rushers all game long, but I damn sure hate a running quarterback killing us. Burrow did it and it killed me to watch it happen. Same with Deshaun Watson.

Not going to change the nature of team....but looks like a week of rest wont hurt
Absolute truth., There is not a miracle option. Going to take slow steady improvement. You are not going to all of a sudden make it where #2 can cover the better receivers. You can fix penalties and mental errors. That alone will be the difference in a W or not in most games

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom