| FTBL Bryant-Denny renovations - new video boards have been installed

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Just recently, changes were made to the original BDS renovation plan. They have scrapped the idea of a mega tron and instead, opted to replace the four corner video scoreboards with new ones approximately 60 percent larger than the existing ones. The reason for taking the mega tron idea off the table was because it would have taken the seating capacity down below the 100,000 mark. However, will the new plan affect the seating capacity? Just looking through it, it does seem like that even with opting out of the mega tron idea, the seating capacity will be affected to some extent. Personally, I don't want to go below 100,000. I remember going to BDS way back in 1986 and seeing how far it has come has been nothing short of incredible. Dropping below 100,00 seems like stepping backwards a bit. Unless there is some other unforeseen benefit to it.

I've heard the seating will drop, but not much and not due to the new video boards. It should still be 100,000+. Moving the pressbox, new "social areas" and other elements will impact the seating count.

The end zone upper decks were built too high/ steep. I sat up there a couple of times and wont do it again. The sides and lower bowl are the only place to sit. Its a joke they put students up there.

I say put a big giant scoreboard across the front of the two end zones and pretend the seats dont exist up there.

@mhardiman, there's an article that was published in early June on AL.com about the changes. I believe it was a Casagrande piece. In a nutshell the student terrace and jumbotron are gone.

As to the original question, some of the seats lost by the newer screens are being kept by those two changes. Personally, I'd rather be in the end zone than one of the corners.

I sat in the upper level of the NEZ once. It was for the night game against OM, when Julio played with the pinned/broken arm. I literally said never again. Sorry but those seats are worse than the top row of the old Georgia Dome when a basketball game was going on

@mhardiman, there's an article that was published in early June on AL.com about the changes. I believe it was a Casagrande piece. In a nutshell the student terrace and jumbotron are gone.

As to the original question, some of the seats lost by the newer screens are being kept by those two changes. Personally, I'd rather be in the end zone than one of the corners.
Sat under corner video board for a game once.....i thought half ( maybe a fourth) of the stadium was looking at me after every play...
Actually was pretty decent seats

They have scrapped the idea of a mega tron and instead, opted to replace the four corner video scoreboards with new ones approximately 60 percent larger than the existing ones.
EPdln1sWoAQ3_HO

WP-15602_CC-06534.jpg

Back
Top Bottom