| MBB/WBB Bryan Passink, UA B-ball alum and analyst for CTSN, shares his early season thoughts on the men's basketball team.

Max

A few random early season thoughts on @AlabamaMBB:

1) In my 20+years of being involved with this program(16 CTSN & 4 as a player) I’ve never seen a UA team so banged up/injured at this point in the season. That along w/ a very hard schedule has been a tough combo so far (1/5)

2)Kira is special. He’s only going to get better as the season progresses & gets more experience in this system.

3)Every coach at every level I talk to about Herb absolutely loves him. He does so many things that go unnoticed. Killed us not having him most of the Penn game.

4)John Petty has really grown an incredible amount as a leader on & off the floor. A very impressive transformation imo.

5)Alex Reese has shown more toughness than I think people realize. Battling through bumps, bruises,pain & some injuries, never complaining or making excuses.

6)My 1st extended trip w/ new staff & it was obvious that they’re relentless workers.They basically didn’t sleep for an entire week in the Bahamas.

7)Obviously we need to get better & more consistent on D & limit TO’s. When these areas improve(& they will) We’ll see a big jump.

8)UA’s only senior Beatle Bolden is getting healthier & looked great vs USM w/ 23pts

9)Bama is getting great production from it’s freshman so far. Considering there are 3 other 1st year players out for the season, all of whom would’ve played heavy minutes,the future looks😎!

Back
Top Bottom