| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ Brandon Miller’s Double-Double Leads Alabama to a 78-66 Win at Vanderbilt

B

Bama News

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama men's basketball enters the week ranked No. 4/4 in the AP Top-25 Poll and the USA Today Coaches Poll and will begin its two-game roadtrip this week, starting at Vanderbilt on Tuesday at Memorial Gymnasium. The Tide are looking to improve to 6-0 in Southeastern Conference play for the second time under head coach Nate Oats while the Commodores face their fourth straight ranked opponent.

The Alabama-Vanderbilt matchup features two of the best shot blockers in the SEC, as Vandy's Liam Robbins ranks No. 2 in the conference with 2.9 blocks per game while Alabama's Charles Bediako's 1.9 blocks per contest ranks No. 4 in the SEC.

The Broadcast​

Tuesday's game is set for a 7:30 p.m. tipoff and will be aired on the SEC Network with Kevin Fitzgerald (play-by-play) and Carolyn Peck (analyst) on the call.

The radio broadcast can be heard on the Crimson Tide Sports Network with Chris Stewart (play-by-play) and Bryan Passink (analyst) on the call, while Tom Stipe (engineer) is turning the dials. The pregame show will begin one hour prior to tipoff.

SOS and SOR really show up in this game. Vandy is ranked 91st in the NET, SOS with KenPom is at #67.

Based on these averages you'd expect the 'Dores to be favored tomorrow...until you weigh in against whom.

Screenshot 2023-01-16 3.53.42 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-01-16 3.54.16 PM.png

Tonight's game is going to be a big mental challenge for these kids after the Miles deal. Wouldn't blame them one bit if they come in distracted, definitely a strain on the mental toughness scale for sure.

I'll be at the game again tonight if anyone else is attending. Short trip from Huntsville.

I desperately hope the Miles stuff doesn't affect the teams mentality too much. Vanderbilt always gives us issues at the arena.

I think this team is focused. You have a few of these guys that are focused on their NBA future and opportunity to be selected in the Draft, so I don't see the Miles situation affected them. Since he's been hurt as well, you wonder if they'll even feel it. This team seems laser focused and continues to grow. Just my two cents, but I'm also not on the inside.

Tonight's game is going to be a big mental challenge for these kids after the Miles deal. Wouldn't blame them one bit if they come in distracted, definitely a strain on the mental toughness scale for sure.

I hope not. They have their own reasons to play hard and to play hard for each other. The whole Miles thing? Kind of like if a co-worker did something this stupid. Would I just sit around feeling sorry for him? I think his former team realized he did something really stupid and just move on from it. Now if he was the victim it might be completely different. Maybe I am wrong but I know I have had people fired around me for very stupid reasons (on their part) and you just kind of shake your head and move on with life and hopefully learn from someone else's horrible choices.

I hope not. They have their own reasons to play hard and to play hard for each other. The whole Miles thing? Kind of like if a co-worker did something this stupid. Would I just sit around feeling sorry for him? I think his former team realized he did something really stupid and just move on from it. Now if he was the victim it might be completely different. Maybe I am wrong but I know I have had people fired around me for very stupid reasons (on their part) and you just kind of shake your head and move on with life and hopefully learn from someone else's horrible choices.
I don't believe it will. If he were participating in all the team activities I can see it being an issue.
(y)

I think the voodoo of that shitty gym could play a bigger factor than what the Miles’ situation could.
If I'm not mistaken, under Oats Bama is 2-2. They've lost to the 'Dores in the SECCT and at home, but won both games on the road.

That court holds an advantage I've appreciated. If you're running a team that focuses a lot on a half court offense, with a lot of coaching input, you've lost just that; a lot of coaching input for at least a half.

While this team is running more sets than we saw last season they still aren't relying on half court sets where the bench's input comes into play.

To be honest, most of Alabama's troubles historically in Vanderbilt's arena comes from Alabama's previous road woes. If everyone remembers, Alabama rarely won at Ole Miss. To me, it was just a sign of a team that wasn't mentally tough and didn't overcome adversity well. Alabama won previously at Vanderbilt in Avery's last year.

This is not to say Vanderbilt's arena isn't a hard place to win. I'm sure it fucks with depth perception.

Back
Top Bottom